So, a few weeks ago, Colton's buddy Jackson came into school and handed Colton his very first "friend" birthday invite. It was an adorable black magnet invite to handily be hung on the refrigerator so that busy Mom's won't forget the party. Unless your Colton's Mom.
The party was a Halloween themed costume party, and after a few back and forth's, Colton finally decided he wanted to be a scarecrow for Halloween. Which is perfect, since Sis is going to be a Pumpkin. Pictures of them together will likely follow -- we've not decked sis out in her full costume yet. So, we worked to make the perfect Halloween Scarecrow, and all day Sunday, we talked about Jackson's party, and what fun it would be. Colton even took a great nap, so that he could be well rested to go play!
We finished up his costume, and loaded up the van just in time to leave the house for Jackson's party at 4:30 on Sunday afternoon. When we go there, no one was outside playing (it was a gorgeous day) and there weren't many cars in the drive. Maybe we were early?? So we walked up to the front door, knocked and as cute as a button in his Scarecrow costume...Colton looked kind of confused when Jackson opened the door in plain clothes. IT HIT ME...his party was on Saturday. We totally biffed this one. Not only was I completely embarrassed...I was mad at myself for ruining this for Colton. He'd been so good and so excited, and I totally messed this up. So, Jackson's Mom and I laughed at my stupidity, and I drove away, with a sad little scarecrow in my backseat and an almost in tears Mom, kicking myself. And you know, I did what ever bad Mom would do -- offered to do something really fun with Colton for totally blowing his fun weekend. The park. Grandpa's Work. Uncle Trent for supper. Whatever it took to cheer his spirits. Lucky for me, by the time we'd gotten back into town ...he'd forgotten all about Jackson's party.
Next time -- I'll be doing like 5, 000 reminders....I will not be making this mistake again. ... I hope.
The party was a Halloween themed costume party, and after a few back and forth's, Colton finally decided he wanted to be a scarecrow for Halloween. Which is perfect, since Sis is going to be a Pumpkin. Pictures of them together will likely follow -- we've not decked sis out in her full costume yet. So, we worked to make the perfect Halloween Scarecrow, and all day Sunday, we talked about Jackson's party, and what fun it would be. Colton even took a great nap, so that he could be well rested to go play!
We finished up his costume, and loaded up the van just in time to leave the house for Jackson's party at 4:30 on Sunday afternoon. When we go there, no one was outside playing (it was a gorgeous day) and there weren't many cars in the drive. Maybe we were early?? So we walked up to the front door, knocked and as cute as a button in his Scarecrow costume...Colton looked kind of confused when Jackson opened the door in plain clothes. IT HIT ME...his party was on Saturday. We totally biffed this one. Not only was I completely embarrassed...I was mad at myself for ruining this for Colton. He'd been so good and so excited, and I totally messed this up. So, Jackson's Mom and I laughed at my stupidity, and I drove away, with a sad little scarecrow in my backseat and an almost in tears Mom, kicking myself. And you know, I did what ever bad Mom would do -- offered to do something really fun with Colton for totally blowing his fun weekend. The park. Grandpa's Work. Uncle Trent for supper. Whatever it took to cheer his spirits. Lucky for me, by the time we'd gotten back into town ...he'd forgotten all about Jackson's party.
Next time -- I'll be doing like 5, 000 reminders....I will not be making this mistake again. ... I hope.
Comments
Post a Comment