I love this time of year. I love it. (Did I mention I love this time of year?) Changing colors of the leaves. Brisk, sweatshirt weather, beautiful sunsets, campfires, and most of all, Harvest on the Hall Farm! :) Colton has been readily asking me, since that day last spring that we rode in the tractor with Grandpa Hall while he was planting, "Can we ride in the combine yet"............almost weekly. Finally, the time has come (and rather quickly it's felt like) to take weekends in the fields with Dad & Uncle Trent.
I had a half day last Friday, so our fun Fall Weekend kicked off with a lunch date with Mom, then she was off to a doc appointment while I went home to catch up on some sleep! :) Works been nuts lately, so that little soiree was long overdue. She called just as I was waking up and we were off to pick up the kiddos to go to Kent's Pumpkin Patch for our annual Pumpkin visit! Mom loves to take the kids with her so she gets some great fall screen saver pictures! (Cheap models, I guess!) We had a great time, and were even home in time to travel up to Carroll to watch Uncle Jacob's football game! Perfect evening!
 |
| They can never pay attention together... |
 |
| And Colton was sporting a "hurt" arm...which turned out to be a miracle heal later..when it was suddenly "better!" |
 |
| That's my boy! Emmalyn knows better! |
 |
| Em & Grandma on the hunt for the perfect pumpkin! |
Saturday, we got up at a pretty casual pace...all of us! That's a first! We did a quick clean of the house (because who wants to spend their Saturday cleaning, especially after a hellacious work week?) -- packed up a to-go lunch, and we were off to Grandma's to pick her up, and spend the day farming with Paps! I think I heard Colton ask me 1,000 times if it was time to go yet? We had a GREAT day...and to top it off, Mom & Dad kept the kids for an overnight get away, so I could take Jason out on a birthday date!
 |
| Like Grandpa, Like Grandson... |
 |
| John Deere Babies! |
 |
| Thanks, Grandma, for the awesome glasses! (I LOVE this picture!) |
 |
| Buddy Seat Buddies...take by Colton, not bad! |
 |
| Is there any better way to spend a Saturday? Tuckered out, in Grandpa's arms, riding in the combine? Bliss! |
 |
| Another keeper! |
 |
| Yes, we were like teenagers, and played Monster Mini Golf and took photos in the photo booth....so what? :) |
As if that wasn't rejuvenating enough, we went back for more on Sunday. Jason offered to help Dad most of the day, after church and breakfast at the Cafe. Unfortunately, as is normal whenever we come around to "play farmer"...Dad broke down, and Jason didn't actually get to end up helping him too much. Later that afternoon, we loaded up and met Aunt Jess, Meredith & Madeline for some more Pumpkin Farm fun at Millennium Farms in Benton County. What a great idea! We played in the bounce house, checked out the petting zoo, did the straw maze, caught a great picture or two and finally, took a hayride out to the patch to pick our own pumpkins! We ended the evening with supper at Grandma & Grandpa's for Jason's birthday!
 |
| Emmalyn just wants to be held....A LOT! |
 |
| She did pretty good to start though. |
 |
| Babies give up - Uncle Jason to the rescue! |
 |
| Family Picture! |
 |
| Same place, exactly one year ago! :) |
 |
| Could this be the perfect pumpkin? |
 |
| Best Buddies |
 |
| I think she'd had enough fun for one day? |
 |
| Playing in the cornbox... |
 |
| Bouncy slide fun! |
 |
| This would be right before we pushed it over....ooops! |
WHAT A GREAT WEEKEND!!!
Comments
Post a Comment