Yup, you read that right, by the end of July, the Stockment's will officially be a family of five. Jason and I learned in mid-November that we were expecting our third child and we were both overjoyed with the news. (More so than I thought Jason would be -- he wasn't convinced on having another (or should I say, not as convinced as I was), but once he saw that baby's heartbeating on the monitor at the docs office, he couldn't keep it a secret anymore!!)
I convinced Jason to keep our news to immediate family, however, failed to remember that we have a VERY chatty 4 year old, and a 2 year old who repeats everything her big bro says! :) So, we told our families on a Tuesday evening (after our doc appointment that afternoon) and by Thursday, I think half of White County knew. If you attend or drop children off to attend Pam's daycare or Bright Beginnings Preschool, you were amongst the first to know!
I had hoped for some elaborate scheme to tell both of our parents -- you know, a cute shirt for Emmalyn or something fun like that, but Jason instead told Colton who called Mamps and Paps, and both kids bombarded Gram & Gramps Stockment when they came to our house for dinner that evening. Looking back, hearing the kids tell the Grandparents, and listening/seeing their complete shock, was better than any t-shirt. Em has perfected "me. big. ister" very well.
I've enjoyed sharing with Colton what fruit/vegetable the baby is each week, and I'm sure he's learning more than he needs to know (and asking more than I care to answer), but they are both so excited.
Prayers are welcome for this pregnancy, as I know now how much there is to lose should something happen. My kids may DRIVE ME UP A WALL some days, but I'd be simply LOST without them in my life. The house is too quite (after awhile...) and their never ending questions help keep my brain sharp.
Here's to hoping Jason and I can handle being outnumbered by Stockment Kids! :)
Talk about a wonderful Christmas present...
I convinced Jason to keep our news to immediate family, however, failed to remember that we have a VERY chatty 4 year old, and a 2 year old who repeats everything her big bro says! :) So, we told our families on a Tuesday evening (after our doc appointment that afternoon) and by Thursday, I think half of White County knew. If you attend or drop children off to attend Pam's daycare or Bright Beginnings Preschool, you were amongst the first to know!
I had hoped for some elaborate scheme to tell both of our parents -- you know, a cute shirt for Emmalyn or something fun like that, but Jason instead told Colton who called Mamps and Paps, and both kids bombarded Gram & Gramps Stockment when they came to our house for dinner that evening. Looking back, hearing the kids tell the Grandparents, and listening/seeing their complete shock, was better than any t-shirt. Em has perfected "me. big. ister" very well.
I've enjoyed sharing with Colton what fruit/vegetable the baby is each week, and I'm sure he's learning more than he needs to know (and asking more than I care to answer), but they are both so excited.
Prayers are welcome for this pregnancy, as I know now how much there is to lose should something happen. My kids may DRIVE ME UP A WALL some days, but I'd be simply LOST without them in my life. The house is too quite (after awhile...) and their never ending questions help keep my brain sharp.
Here's to hoping Jason and I can handle being outnumbered by Stockment Kids! :)
Talk about a wonderful Christmas present...
Congratulations! I can only imagine the questions being asked :)
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Being a family of 5 ourselves, I totally recommend it! We kept m&m involved with the entire pregnancy, and I do not regret that at all. I am also so happy that we let them be such a big part of her homecoming and newborn days. It would have been very easy to say, "oh, no, don't touch her...she's too little," but then they would have missed out on the precious beginning days/weeks. Congratulations again! You'll be in my prayers for a healthy pregnancy. We had a scare at about 14 weeks, and all I could think of was what m&m would be missing out on if something happened to our sweet Mylee!
ReplyDelete