Skip to main content

Funny...

Remember in my last post how I said, "here soon"....what I meant was, I'd post again in another 3 months! I was so diligent about updating this site when I first started it, and even when Colton was little. I guess it's true that the more active they are, the busier your own life gets. In getting wrapped up in that, I've nearly missed blogging about this pregnancy much at all. So, today...it's all about you baby.

Jason and I found out in October that we were pregnant with baby number two and we were both elated! We'd been trying for number two, because I'll openly admit, and I think Jason secretly is as ate up with it as I am, that we want a, happy, healthy, BIG family. We'll see what God blesses us with. I've always said I want 9 like Gram Hall, and in Jason's senior will, he said that in 10 years, he hoped to be happily married with 8 kids. SEE...we were a  match made in Heaven! Okay, so maybe 8-9 kids is a bit much...but 4-5 would be a great time!  Anyway...this pregnancy has been very similar, yet very different to my pregnancy with Colton. Again, I was blessed with no morning sickness....which is always a huge blessing. However, this time I've fought heartburn worse than I ever did with Colton, which makes me think perhaps we're having a gorilla for a child. Especially if that old wives tail about heavy heartburn=lots of hair is true! I've also carried this baby much differently...much more "out front" than I did with Colton. I've been horrible about taking pregnancy photos....I might have one or two? I guess getting fat wasn't as much of a thrill this time as it was last....that or I've just not had time to remember to take pictures? We again chose to not find out what we were having, boy or girl...so that's still very up in the air. Having so many pregnant girlfriends right now, who have all found out, I'm starting to get antsy about if this baby is boy or girl. My prediction...a girl. However, time will tell. Jason and Mom are convinced it's a boy, while Jacki, Jess and I are certain this time it's a girl. We will gladly love whatever God blesses us with. Unless it's a gorilla, then we might have an issue...

We're down to the final days, and I've found that in this pregnancy, I'm MUCH less patient than I was with Colton. I work right up until the baby is born, because in my way of thinking, what's the point of taking time off to sit at home and wait. I'm driving myself crazy enough this time around with the distraction of work. Due dates are May 31-June 6....and I'm down to where I'm going to the doctor weekly. I think that knowing Matt & Sarah are getting married June 19, has me much more antsy to have baby here and a few adjustment days in before that chaos hits. We'll see...once again, we're not in charge. Do you realize how completely hard that is for someone who is an EVENT PLANNER for her profession? I guess there are only certain things in life that you can't completely plan out...this being one of them. So, we'll see what happens!

Speaking of event planning...I was again blessed! For the last 9 months (funny how that lined up isn't it?) I've been suffering through an awful career move. I left Conferences in July of 09 to take a position with Breaking New Ground/National AgrAbility. I really felt that Agriculture is where I was to be, and they were "recruiting" me, and honeslty, their mission is one that I truly believe in. They help put farmers and ranchers with disabilities back into agriculture. Well, I'll simply sum it up as I was depressed, in an unfriendly environment and stuck in 1976 (the year the program started) in that job. It just was not a good fit. I once described it to Mom as going from NYC in Conferences to no stoplights Wolcott in BNG. I guess this country girl likes the fast pace of the city life! Lucky enough for me, a position opened up again here in Conferences in March, and by April I had been offered the job and was starting back over here. I'm even more lucky that they were so willing to have me back, only to have me leave again on Maternity leave here before long. The people here, the job itself and my clients that I work with make this job so much more worth it. Just ask Jason, I'm a whole new person....

So, what would this update/post be without a few recent pictures of squirt. He's doing so great. We're loving every minute of parenthood because of him. Mark my words, it will not ALWAYS be this easy, but God blessed us with a great kid. He's now 2 years and 4 months and 100% potty trained. Can you believe that? I know, I know...we're LUCKY!!! He's also talking up a storm and seriously excited about meeting his baby brother/sister, although...he is convinced its a "sitter"...or sister. He's gotten to farm some this spring with Paps and has enjoyed being outside with daddy every chance he gets. We even planted flowers in the rain not long ago and he was giddy! He thought that was pretty darn cool. I'm so anxious to have the summer off with him. And to watch him welcome new baby into our lives. I can honestly say...I'm pretty stoked about going from a family of three to a family of four............................................now if this kid would just hurry up, and quit being so stubborn!! (That's so like his/her Dad! )! Enjoy the pics!

This is from Christmas 2009...with all his favorite goodies!


Colton & Reagan Roberts -- diapered after trying to dye easter eggs!


Easter Egg hunt at the Stockment side with Daddy!


Farmin' with Paps & Uncle Trent....
 
 
 
Take care all -- hopefully the next post I make says..."WE HAD A BABY ___________________!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Two + Two + One more = FIVE

Yup, you read that right, by the end of July, the Stockment's will officially be a family of five. Jason and I learned in mid-November that we were expecting our third child and we were both overjoyed with the news. (More so than I thought Jason would be -- he wasn't convinced on having another (or should I say, not as convinced as I was), but once he saw that baby's heartbeating on the monitor at the docs office, he couldn't keep it a secret anymore!!) I convinced Jason to keep our news to immediate family, however, failed to remember that we have a VERY chatty 4 year old, and a 2 year old who repeats everything her big bro says! :) So, we told our families on a Tuesday evening (after our doc appointment that afternoon) and by Thursday, I think half of White County knew. If you attend or drop children off to attend Pam's daycare or Bright Beginnings Preschool, you were amongst the first to know! I had hoped for some elaborate scheme to tell both of our parents ...

Life's Beachy

What a whirlwind month March has been! From the baby reveal to birthday parties (Madi turning 3, Sawyer turning 2 and soon Brad & Debbie!), to Jason working weekend after weekend at his side job, to moving Matt & Sarah into their new home, to Jason getting a new job, to kindergarten round up, to preparing for Florida....whew! Yup, you read that right -- after 14 years with Bouma Betten, Jason is making a jump. He applied for a job with Monsanto in Remington, and was lucky enough to be offered the job just last week. I am so beyond proud of him -- he's not a resume/interview kind of guy, but he put his best foot forward and proved what a hard worker he is. He'll start there as a Seed Tech in mid-April and although it will mean big changes for him (and US!), it will be worth it. The benefits cannot be topped...vacation time, paid time off for sick leave, 401K, health -- all things he didn't have (or did have, but not great) in his current job. It will certainly be a...