Friday, 02 July 2010
Welcome to the world Emmalyn Margaret Stockment!! That's the post that should have been made over a month ago. I can remember when we were pregnant/about due with Colton I'd given Mom both my facebook and xanga passwords so she could promptly help me spread the word about our new arrival. Within hours, everyone knew that Colton had entered the world and all were happy and healthy. When we found out we were expecting number two, all I remember hearing is "oh, you won't take as many pictures" or "oh, it's just different with your second, third, fourth...". I remember vowing to not let that happen, but guess what? It did. And to whomever told me you're just too busy to constantly sit around snapping photos and documenting every single "first" with baby, YOU WERE RIGHT!!! So, Emmalyn, I promise to you that I'm trying my very hardest to document your early days and capture lots of pictures, because you are already growing and changing so much, but where it only took me a few hours to announce Colton's arrival, it's taken me a month and one day to announce your arrival....for that, I'm very sorry.Emmalyn Margarget joined this world on June 1, 2010. I have a feeling this beautiful little girl is going to be a real spitfire. She seems to be a bit stubborn (which her dad swears she gets from me, and I swear she gets from him!), and yes, we've already noticed how stubborn you are in only a months time. Your arrival, for example. You simply did not want to come out on your own. Doctor Wickert gave me the prognosis on Thursday before Memorial Day weekend that he thought you'd be here over the weekend, but in case you weren't, we scheduled to induce early Tuesday morning, June 1st. So your Dad and I spent our entire weekend trying to stay busy, so we didn't sit around and wait for my labor to start. And ultimately, we packed our bags and checked into St. Elizabeth East at 7am on Tuesday morning. At 9am I finally got to see Doctor Wickert, who started me on the pitocin, and told me I was still only 3-4 cm, and only 50% effaced. He told them to start the pitocin and that he'd be back about 12:30 to break my water. Things were smooth sailing, and although I was having contractions, they weren't yet painful until 12:30, when he broke my water. By 1:15 the doctor came with the epidural, which finally kicked in about 1:45. At 2:30, the nurse checked me, and had me "test" push, and immediately called Dr. Wickert. From 12:30-2:30, I went from 3-4 to fully dilated. I pushed from 2:45-3pm and by 3:05, you were welcomed into this world.....weighing in at 9lb, 3oz and measuring a whopping 21 1/4. You were healthy and beautiful, and Mommy's dream come true, as I had said all along I thought you were a girl, but hadn't fully let myself believe it, so that if you were a boy, I wouldn't be let down. Imagine my suprise and delight when they lifted you up and said, "It's a girl!" I will forever say that having the babies be a suprise, is the best suprise one could ever ask for! Beyond that, had I known you were going to be a little girl, we'd likely be BROKE because there are so many cute girl things out there. No offense Colton, but girls are just WAY more fun to shop for!
In the month since her birth, she'sbeen a great baby. Fussy occasionally, but happy and content much more often than she is fussy. She sleeps about 5-6 hours a night for Mom & Dad, which if you know Jason and I, you know we both depend on our beauty sleep for daily survival. She puts up with Big Brother banging her around when he wants to hold her, and to be honest, we couldn't be more proud of Colton for how he's adjusted to having a little girl in the house. He's said from the time he began to understand I was having a baby, that he wanted a "baby sister"....and boy was he right. He's a pretty proud big brother.
Emmalyn, I'm sorry it's taken me a month to post about your arrival, but maybe we can just say that I've been so busy enjoying you and Colton and being home with both of you during these beautiful summer days, that I've not taken the time to get online as much and therefore, haven't taken time to write. I hope that some day, you kids will look back and read this blog and smile. I don't keep a journal, but maybe this can kind of be the place where I pour my heart out, and some day, if you get blessed with the chance to have kids of your own, you can show them how their grandma was crazy enough to sit at the computer occasionally, and document life and the world around us. Thanks for sleeping in your bouncy seat while I write this, but you've been there long enough. Time to snuggle!
Comments
Post a Comment