You won't be surprised to hear me say that December is only a slight blur of my memory, considering my last post was Thanksgiving weekend. Some days, Thanksgiving literally feels like yesterday.
Don't get me wrong - December was filled with wonderful things. Family get togethers, good excuses for shopping, lots of parties with friends, and of course, the magic of Christmas morning with a toddler. As much as I love Christmas and the entire meaning of the season...I was actually glad to see that madness go this year. I feel so "grinchy" saying that -- but I don't feel like I got to enjoy it. If I did, I don't think I'd feel like December was such a blur. So, I'm going to do my best to recount some of my favorite December moments to hopefully erase my grinch attitude, and remind myself of how grateful I should be for all that December held for us.
We kicked off the month celebrating (belated style), Jason and I's 5th Anniversary. Are you scratching your head? No, we didn't get married in December, it was July 30th, but who wants to cruise to the Bahama's when it's 95 out? We chose to go early December, and I think by the time we docked in Miami on the 6th, we were wishing it was 95 out. We spent the day in Ft. Lauderdale on Monday (we had a late flight) and we seriously walked along the beach in our winter coats. It was so cold there -- warmer than home, yes -- but cold considering we were on the ocean in FLORIDA in DECEMBER! We enjoyed the cruise, and both sets of grandparents completely spoiled out children. I'd like to say they missed us, but I really don't think they even knew we were gone! I think it was hard on us, than it was on them!
 |
| We've arrived in Nassau! |
That first weekend away kicked off the madness - we got home at 2am on Tuesday, and I worked late Wednesday/Thursday and had a Tastefully Simple Party on Friday. We didn't slow down from that minute forward -- the following weekend we had the Hall Christmas, which was a progressive dinner -- in a snowstorm. But, those of us who ventured out, had a great time. And ate ourselves silly! Jason even won a really awesome door prize! :)
The following week had the Stockment Christmas at Brad & Jacki's. This was Em's first chance at "opening gifts", and by opening gifts, I mean, eating tissue paper.
We also captured a semi-great photo of our beautiful little family -- except Em's attention span is about like her Dad's....so she's not looking at the camera! :)
Of course, the following week was Christmas, but I'll do a separate post for Christmas Eve/Day, because I've got far too many pictures to share from those 24 hours! We are certainly blessed with wonderful family! Our kids were spoiled rotten and so were we!
We had the Robinson Christmas on the 26th, and that rounded out the last of our Holiday gatherings. For that holiday anyway! ;) We had some friends over for New Years, and I think it's safe to say the kids and adults alike had a great evening.
 |
| Colton with Taylor and Ashlyn Walts. |
 |
| Cheese! |
 |
| Jeremy is a great sport.He did this more than once! |
 |
| Happy New Year from the Stockment's!! |
We rounded out our holiday weekend with a Hall/Ruemler game night -- and I'm telling you, we have GOT to do that more often. We're so blessed to have our families blended so well. Those four girls finally got a couple of brothers, and I've got 4 amazing sisters! I've got a few fun snapshots from that night, but the best is below. Can you guess who the photographer was?
December was a blessing. That's all there is to it. It was fun. It was magical. It was blessed. That's the best part of all.
Comments
Post a Comment