Skip to main content

Girls night out..again, and again, and again...

Jason and I have a continual argument going in our household over who does more "on their own" or "out with the guys/girls". There's really nothing to argue about, he wins that race hands down (no need to consult him about this, thank you very much)...if you could the number of hours he is away from our family either in a tree stand, out with his coyote buddies or on a snowmobiling trip (just to name a FEW of his many hobbies), I'm sure that they'd far outweigh the hours I get to spend shopping with my mother (kid-free), or the one every other month Frontier Girls night outs, or the one time a YEAR TCHS girls get together. You do see my point, correct?

Well, here lately, he made the mistake of telling me to "get a hobby, go out with the girls more...just chill out"...probably during a heated argument over how much time he was spending away from the house, and how ready for ME time I was. Nonetheless, he said it. And you bet your you know what I took his advice.

I've been lucky enough to go to several home Purdue games at Mackey Arena (one of my favorite things to do), I've spent an evening shopping with Mom, I've gone on an overnight trip to Chicago for Tastefully Simple (which doesn't count because that's for "work"), spent an evening away from home with my best friend shopping, then dinner out with our high school girlfriends, and now, finally, this weekend I'll be gone over night for the Frontier Girls Night Out shopping/dinner/Indy extravaganza. (That one is his fault...afterall, I didn't go to Frontier, so technically, these are his friends and if he didn't want me to hang out with them or become friends with them myself, he should have never introduced me.)

Last night, I probably paid the ultimate "Mom's night out" price. Mid-amazing-senior night-Purdue game at Mackey with Lindsey, I get a text. "Strait home. Emmalyn just puked all over her bed" -- GREAT. (I give Lindsay props here...she asked if he meant George Strait! HA) Either way, I immediately text back that I'm so sorry I'm not there, etc, etc...I even stepped out into the concourse to call him back (as if I'd be able to hear ANYTHING with the crowd in there), and only got chewed out because I didn't know EXACTLY where in the linen closet the spare crib sheet was. Totally my fault. I should know every inch of that closet. I was in serious trouble, and worse yet, I was stuck and couldn't leave at that very moment because it was an amazing game we'd ridden to campus with Mom & Dad and I had no way back to my car until the game was over. So, I sent a series of text messages with specific instructions and reassured him that I had not sabotaged him by putting something in her formula and that I'd be home to help out as soon as I could.

I'd say dear ole' Dad handled it pretty well ... for his first time solo with a sick kid.
Sweetest thing ever!
So, since Dad proved himself (or Emmalyn taught him a lesson) -- Who's ready for a girls night out? :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...