Skip to main content

Sweet Summertime

I've always been told that the older I get, the faster time will slip before my eyes. Let me just tell you, that's the truth. Each time I get on here to blog (typically because someone has scolded me that it's been far too long since I've updated), I realize how much time has passed since my last post, and take a quick minute in this busy world to reflect on the fun we've had.
  Since June 24th...we've done a lot of fun things. Colton's gone fishing with his Daddy for the first time, Em & Colton were in their first 4th of July parade in Wolcott, we hit up the county fairs, we have went to Columbian Park Zoo with Grandma Hall, and celebrated Jason and I's 6th Wedding Anniversary with a trip to the Indiana Dunes!
  In between all of that, we've helped a great friend welcome a her husband into our cooky family (Congrats Kendra & Kent) and I've put in a lot of overtime, which makes nights running through the sprinkler, feeding the calves, trips to the creek and making homemade popsicles even more enjoyable for me.
 I've realized that you have to savor every second, because before you know it, they are gone. I got a call just yesterday from Miss Christy. Do you know who Miss Christy is? Colton's PRESCHOOL TEACHER! Granted, it's JUST preschool. He'll only be there for the morning, three days a week. However, it's still got the word SCHOOL in it, which means my baby isn't a baby anymore. Do your realize how quickly that happened? I've said it before and I'll say it again, there are days when I simply forget Colton is ONLY 3 1/2. Sometimes he says things that make me think he's 12. But, first time parents, enjoy every second, because they honestly do grow up way too fast. I always thought that was so cliche. It's not. It's pure & simple truth.
  So, since I've pretty well summarized our entire summer in one blog post, why not cap it off with some pictures? We've made a lot of memories this summer, and I'm thankful for that. I hope we always take time to make memories. After all, life goes by much too quickly to not stop and enjoy the simple things in life! :)

Some pictures are worth 1,000 words. Perfect Daddy/Son moment.

FISH! She loves the water!

So does he! Waterbugs for sure!
 
Enjoying a popsicle on a warm afternoon!

Ready to make her 4th of July parade debut!

Trampoline time with Kathy, she loved this!

Colton showing off Grandpa Kent & Jeff's 1st place trophy. He did this perfectly, right as we approached a slew of Hall family members in the crowd!

There's a story here. Jason helped Colton catch a great big fish, and I had it all on camera. Right as he went to help lift it out of the water, the darn thing got away. Mark was kind enough to help Colton catch another one!

Tired boy (and Momma!)

Miss Em at Hot Summer Nights with Gram & Gramps Stockment!

Meeting Laura's Dairy cows!

This one brings tears to Dad's eyes. He knows Grandma & Grandpa Hall would be so thrilled to see the kids loving the dairy cows! Colton loved helping lead this calf to the water tank!

Laura is always so good to the kids at County Fair time! After modeling for her Fashion Review, she always takes the kids to see her animals!
I know these weren't supposed to leave the vault, but even though my camera wasn't all the way open, what a cool picture! Love these girls!

BFF for life. Couldn't ask for a better best friend!

Maybe it's not a great picture, but these three women mean the world to me!

And more BFF pictures!

Beautiful bride & her sisters! (Lucky they include Chelsea & I in the category!)

Per usual. We get dressed up, I make him pose! ;)
Testing out the water!

Beach day!


They loved it, and Em was not at all afraid of the water!

Sandcastles!

Thumbs Up! Swimming out with Daddy!

She loved wallering in the sand!



When she got sleepy, I tried putting her on a beach towel, in the tent. She wasn't having it, she wanted to nap in the sun, on the sand!
Just a funny picture. If only we could insert an empty beer can! Squirt loved the sand!
 Counting our blessings, day by day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Two + Two + One more = FIVE

Yup, you read that right, by the end of July, the Stockment's will officially be a family of five. Jason and I learned in mid-November that we were expecting our third child and we were both overjoyed with the news. (More so than I thought Jason would be -- he wasn't convinced on having another (or should I say, not as convinced as I was), but once he saw that baby's heartbeating on the monitor at the docs office, he couldn't keep it a secret anymore!!) I convinced Jason to keep our news to immediate family, however, failed to remember that we have a VERY chatty 4 year old, and a 2 year old who repeats everything her big bro says! :) So, we told our families on a Tuesday evening (after our doc appointment that afternoon) and by Thursday, I think half of White County knew. If you attend or drop children off to attend Pam's daycare or Bright Beginnings Preschool, you were amongst the first to know! I had hoped for some elaborate scheme to tell both of our parents ...

Life's Beachy

What a whirlwind month March has been! From the baby reveal to birthday parties (Madi turning 3, Sawyer turning 2 and soon Brad & Debbie!), to Jason working weekend after weekend at his side job, to moving Matt & Sarah into their new home, to Jason getting a new job, to kindergarten round up, to preparing for Florida....whew! Yup, you read that right -- after 14 years with Bouma Betten, Jason is making a jump. He applied for a job with Monsanto in Remington, and was lucky enough to be offered the job just last week. I am so beyond proud of him -- he's not a resume/interview kind of guy, but he put his best foot forward and proved what a hard worker he is. He'll start there as a Seed Tech in mid-April and although it will mean big changes for him (and US!), it will be worth it. The benefits cannot be topped...vacation time, paid time off for sick leave, 401K, health -- all things he didn't have (or did have, but not great) in his current job. It will certainly be a...