In just over a month, I'll get to be an Aunt again, only this time..it will be the first time I'm an Aunt on the Hall side of the family! I'm still coming to grips with the fact that my BABY brother is going to be a Dad. Should't he still be the X factor on the TCHS boys basketball team? Shouldn't he still be donning tightie-whities while making funny faces on his choo-choo train flannel sheets? Shouldn't he still be slobbering and sucking his thumb? Guess we all grow up eventually, huh? :) Now it will be his own offspring being silly as a 4 year old, and hopefully, dominating the gym at TC -- as long as they don't beat my kids/the Falcons -- I'll be okay with that! :)

On Saturday, Mom and I went together to host a shower for Sarah. SUCH a fun day. I love planning these kinds of things, and Sarah was gracious enough to play along with a fun, pinterest inspired idea that I had. We did an ABC themed party, and asked each guest to bring an assigned letter of the alphabet, with the end result hoping to look something like this:
ABC Wall Sample. She's still missing a few letters (long distance guests sending theirs, etc) -- but the partially finished product looks great.
We had a great crowd at the shower -- and certainly a full house - which is to be expected...we have a big family! Enjoy pictures below, and Baby Hall (Delbert, as your father calls you) Auntie Kim can't WAIT to meet you, and I'm praying every day that your cousins don't smother you to death. Em LOVES babies and Colton is so hopeful for a baby boy to help him and Grandpa on the farm! :)
 |
| Lots of goodies! |
 |
| Lots of guests! |
 |
| Good thing Mom's house is big and used to a big crowd! |
 |
| Helping Aunt Sarah! |
 |
| Aunt Nina's N for the wall! |
 |
| More gifts! |
 |
| Great Grandma, Aunt Wendy & Aunt Dian! |
 |
| Aunt Dee and the baby shower gift basket! |
Comments
Post a Comment