So a few weeks ago, I made a life altering announcement on this blog that Jason had gotten a new job. I was beyond proud of him, and still am. I know that in the last 3 weeks he has pushed himself to new career limits, and stretched his comfort zone even wider!
Upon returning from a week in Florida, his bosses at his current job, Bouma Betten, approached him with the question, "If we could get your retirement where you wanted it, and talk to compare jobs, would you be interested in sticking around". And the flurry began. Monday-Wednesday were spent fact finding, making pro and con lists, talking about pensions, 401K's, Healthcare costs, etc.
When it all panned out, although he was super excited (and very nervous) about the Monsanto Opportunity, he was never looking to leave because he was unhappy in his job. He was unhappy to be working paycheck to paycheck without building a foundation for us upon retirement.
So, with his company going to bat for him, Jason was able to stay where he's at, with much better benefits, same awesome hours (7-3:30M-F) and a few extra perks he's not had in the past.
It's a great feeling when someone you've been loyal to for 14 years goes to bat for you -- Jason's a company guy, and he didn't want to leave but had to lookout for our future. I love that about him.
Operation Personal Growth for Jason = SUCCESS! :) (And secretly, I'm glad that even though I'd pep-talked myself about him working nights, weekends, long hours, detassling season and how "okay" that'd be in the end, once we adjusted, I MIGHT have done a GIANT happy dance about him not changing hours. That, and the fact he can still be my lunch date from time to time! :))
Upon returning from a week in Florida, his bosses at his current job, Bouma Betten, approached him with the question, "If we could get your retirement where you wanted it, and talk to compare jobs, would you be interested in sticking around". And the flurry began. Monday-Wednesday were spent fact finding, making pro and con lists, talking about pensions, 401K's, Healthcare costs, etc.
When it all panned out, although he was super excited (and very nervous) about the Monsanto Opportunity, he was never looking to leave because he was unhappy in his job. He was unhappy to be working paycheck to paycheck without building a foundation for us upon retirement.
So, with his company going to bat for him, Jason was able to stay where he's at, with much better benefits, same awesome hours (7-3:30M-F) and a few extra perks he's not had in the past.
It's a great feeling when someone you've been loyal to for 14 years goes to bat for you -- Jason's a company guy, and he didn't want to leave but had to lookout for our future. I love that about him.
Operation Personal Growth for Jason = SUCCESS! :) (And secretly, I'm glad that even though I'd pep-talked myself about him working nights, weekends, long hours, detassling season and how "okay" that'd be in the end, once we adjusted, I MIGHT have done a GIANT happy dance about him not changing hours. That, and the fact he can still be my lunch date from time to time! :))
Comments
Post a Comment