Skip to main content

April Showers...

Let's recap April 2013. It rained. A lot. And then it rained some more. And I have had two kids who are SICK AND TIRED of being forced to stay inside!!!! :( Literally, April passed in a flash, and I believe it to be a flash of lightening. Let's see if I can recall some of hte past month, and maybe toss in a few pictures. (NOTE: What worries me -- this is crazy life with just TWO kids. What's going to happen come late July/August when we become a family of 5 and time goes even faster. I may not make it folks. Prayers welcome!)

So we survived Easter Weekend and welcomed the month of April and the hopeful onset of Spring with open arms. I turned 31 and got treated to a pedicure by my hubs! Fabulous. I even had great girlfriends who took me to lunch and my wonderful Momma indulged my half-mexican ways even further with a taco night at the farm. (I'm fairly certainly that for the last 31 years...I've had taco's on my birthday. Why change now?) 

Other highlights:
  • Em and I celebrated with the girls at Jessy Ruemler's bridal shower -- cannot believe she's old enough to be getting MARRIED!  
  • Colton completed his Kindergarten pre-screen testing. He handled this MUCH better than he did round up, because there were no tears and he was so excited. I think the tour they'd done of the "big school" (complete with a bus ride...can you believe it?!?!) aided in helping him feel comfortable there. Let's just hope he STILL feels that comfort in August! 
  • Emmalyn has been fighting with a face-issue. Her little face has been so dry since before Florida, so we got her in to the doc, then also to the dermatologist (the next day...how rare is that!). They told us it's a fungal infection of sorts and the meds seem to be clearing it up a bit, but she's still got a flaky little face, poor thing! :( We're hoping it clears up soon!)
  • Jason worked up at Matt & Sarah's & Mom's all weekend helping out with some odd jobs, so Sunday April 13th, the kids and I hit up Purdue's Springfest! Such a great afternoon. Pictures below of our adventures. We LOVED being outside that day -- a rare glimpse of heat & sunshine!
  • Saturday April 20th we took a trip to Logansport to make a purchase on a bunkbed for the kids. Colton & Em will be bunking up soon, and they were so excited. Jason ASSURED ME (he's a carpenter by trade, remember) that he'd correctly measured the space. 11.5 feet. AKA, 138 inches. This would work out great, because the bunks we'd ordered/paid for were 100 inches. Keep that in mind. We'll finish that story in the next bullet point. We capped the day off with lunch and the BEST ice cream sundae at Mr. Happy Burger, then drove backroads to arrive just in time for game two of Jacob's double header. Brad and Jacki invited us out to see Jacob and his girlfriend Makayla off to prom, so we did that and spend the evening with them. Jacob and Makayla looked great. It was a fun evening and obviously, set well with Colton. 
  • Sunday, Mom offered to come help me paint. I'd ordered fabric to make the kids matching John Deere quilts (in green & pink coordinating patterns), so we met after church to pick a green paint and head back to the house to start. Once in the room, 100 inches just felt like a big number. Jason, Mom and I were in the room when he said, "Fine. If you don't believe me, I'll show you"...and started "stepping off" the space. Funny. He ran out of room for his feet at 9.5 footsteps, or 114 inches. This means we were technically 2 feet short for the beds we DROVE CLEAR TO LOGANSPORT FOR!!! The good news...Jason admitted he was wrong and should have used a measure tape. DUH! The bad news ... we can't order the bunks we originally wanted, but got a great set (from the same company) for a very similar price. It all worked out, but kids, if you're reading this -- note to self -- Don't measure things like your Daddy does with his feet. USE A MEASURING TAPE!! :) 
  • We kicked off tee-ball practice and had our first game on Opening Day. I'll do a separate post about that when I get my pics uploaded from my camera.
  • I will say this weekend we did first tee-ball practice Friday evening, game/picture day Saturday, haircut/color, church & errands on Saturday, and then a Fish Fry with Jason's side of the family yesterday. WHICH was origianlly supposed to be at our house -- afterall, Dad said on Wednesday he heard it'd be sunny & 70 out. Turns out, Indiana weather won the battle and it was low 60's (if that) and rainy all morning, then clear,but still chilly the rest of the afternoon. Special thanks to Jason's parents for opening up their garage for us in a pinch! Great weekend. Need naps. Kids MELTED this morning.
Oh...and I forgot, we snuck a picnic in by the creek one day before the rain hit that evening....but I can't remember what day that was. Just a good memory to hold on to!

And really ... if you're still not panting from all the running we do, that brings us to the second to last day of April. SO hard to believe. What's worse...May's schedule. Weddings. Tee-ball (every Saturday), Mother's day weekend, Memorial Day weekend/Jacob's high school graduation (so hard to believe...I still see that chubby adorable little 8 year old sticking his hand out for shake on the day I first came around!), and then Em's THIRD birthday will be here before we know it. And then, quickly thereafter, a BABY! YOWZA 

Now, the fun part. Some pictures. Enjoy. And hang on May's post may be more hectic than this. If I'm GOOD, I'll post more than once so it's not so tiring to read! :)

This boy LOVES the water!

Daddy and his kiddos, pre-picnic!

Em enjoying herself....tomboy style!

Hooray for PBJ in the woods!


Love this one. Perfect shot of exactly how much she looks up to/trusts him!

Momma & Em checking out a book in the woods post-picnic!


Lane, Colton, Regan & Emmalyn - Stockment & Robert's kids at Springfest!

Sheep shearing demo!

Em loved the pigs -- YEAH!! :)
Watching the cricket spitting contest, but not quite brave enough to give it a shot!

Colton practicing for tee-ball on one particularly cold/windy April Saturday! :(
More proof of how cold it was some mornings in April. Jason taught Colton how to sit on the register with a blanket over him, with the tablet/games to keep him company.

These sleepy heads invaded our bed. Good thing their cute. It's the ONLY time they've ever slept in past 8am, and we were up by 7am!

Jacob & Makayla - Senior Prom

Colton sporting his new baseball pants/socks. He couldn't WAIT to put them on!

Emmalyn's princess giddyup. You know, because EVERY princess wears camo rubber rainboots & a pioneer hat...

New-do selfie. Colton was quick to ask, "Why is Mom taking selfies" when he saw this one on my phone...

Until next time...

Comments

  1. haha...so glad my mom isn't the only one who "steps" measurements. Love the new hairdo! Kiddos are cuter than ever...and getting so big! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Two + Two + One more = FIVE

Yup, you read that right, by the end of July, the Stockment's will officially be a family of five. Jason and I learned in mid-November that we were expecting our third child and we were both overjoyed with the news. (More so than I thought Jason would be -- he wasn't convinced on having another (or should I say, not as convinced as I was), but once he saw that baby's heartbeating on the monitor at the docs office, he couldn't keep it a secret anymore!!) I convinced Jason to keep our news to immediate family, however, failed to remember that we have a VERY chatty 4 year old, and a 2 year old who repeats everything her big bro says! :) So, we told our families on a Tuesday evening (after our doc appointment that afternoon) and by Thursday, I think half of White County knew. If you attend or drop children off to attend Pam's daycare or Bright Beginnings Preschool, you were amongst the first to know! I had hoped for some elaborate scheme to tell both of our parents ...

Life's Beachy

What a whirlwind month March has been! From the baby reveal to birthday parties (Madi turning 3, Sawyer turning 2 and soon Brad & Debbie!), to Jason working weekend after weekend at his side job, to moving Matt & Sarah into their new home, to Jason getting a new job, to kindergarten round up, to preparing for Florida....whew! Yup, you read that right -- after 14 years with Bouma Betten, Jason is making a jump. He applied for a job with Monsanto in Remington, and was lucky enough to be offered the job just last week. I am so beyond proud of him -- he's not a resume/interview kind of guy, but he put his best foot forward and proved what a hard worker he is. He'll start there as a Seed Tech in mid-April and although it will mean big changes for him (and US!), it will be worth it. The benefits cannot be topped...vacation time, paid time off for sick leave, 401K, health -- all things he didn't have (or did have, but not great) in his current job. It will certainly be a...