I remember a time when Colton was just starting to jabber...and being SO excited for him to talk. First time parents with our first baby, we couldn't wait to hear his sweet voice. And then he started talking at what seemed like a fairly early age. And didn't stop.
Then Emmalyn came along and it seemed to take her a bit longer to start talking. Grandpa Hall often asked, "When is she ever going to start talking". Last week we sent Emmalyn on an errand to Howard & Sons with Grandpa & Uncle T.....she didn't STOP talking the entire time. At all.
Keaton - we can't wait to hear your sweet voice either -- but we are loving all the coos and giggles right now. We love that you don't mouth back, aren't sassy and don't scream like a wild banche indian. Some day that will all change. We know.
But, since they talk so much -- they've had some fun things to say:
- Colton, after losing his second tooth - "Mom. Does the tooth fairy ever leave gifts?" "Ya, I suppose she could. She always left me money though, when I was a kid." "What about checks...could she leave me a check?" "I guess" "What about one of those plastic cards?" "um, I doubt that". -- at least we know the options for tooth reimbursement are wide open. Did you catch that Toothfairy?
- Emmalyn - "Mom. Um. What color you want me to get at school today?" -- she's definitely listening as we talk to Colton about "working for green today" -- in his discipline chart. So then, after school, "Mom. I got green today!". (Which is funny, because they don't even have a discipline chart).
- Emmalyn - "Um, Keaton pooped on your carpet, Mom?" -- she thinks everytime he poops, he's going to poop on my carpet!
- Colton - "Mom. I can't go to school today. I have to go to Pam's" "Why bud?" "Because. Ugh. (exasperated) don't you remember?" "Remember what?" "The last time we took Keaton into Pam's all the kids were in his face. They won't leave him alone today. I have to go be with him!" -- Can we say protective big brother?
- Emmalyn - "Mom. Daddy and I went on a bike ride, and we looked for bucks. Big bucks" "Did you find any?" "No. Nope. Nopity. No bucks"
- Emmalyn - "Mom. How's come no one's farmed there yet? Can we go farming with Grandpa? Mom. Mom. I see a combine. Mom, is those beans? Mom. Is Grandpa farming beans?"
Basically...this is my life. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNkp4QF3we8
I'm sure there are more stories. I'm sure there are funny things I've not gotten captured here...but holy cow it's fun to hear them talk. And talk to each other. And read to their babies. And play church. And holler - "last one up the stairs is a rotten egg!" -- because before long -- they won't be little anymore. And they won't be Mom. Mum. Mommy-ing me anymore. So I have to remember to soak it all in. They don't stay little long!
Then Emmalyn came along and it seemed to take her a bit longer to start talking. Grandpa Hall often asked, "When is she ever going to start talking". Last week we sent Emmalyn on an errand to Howard & Sons with Grandpa & Uncle T.....she didn't STOP talking the entire time. At all.
Keaton - we can't wait to hear your sweet voice either -- but we are loving all the coos and giggles right now. We love that you don't mouth back, aren't sassy and don't scream like a wild banche indian. Some day that will all change. We know.
But, since they talk so much -- they've had some fun things to say:
- Colton, after losing his second tooth - "Mom. Does the tooth fairy ever leave gifts?" "Ya, I suppose she could. She always left me money though, when I was a kid." "What about checks...could she leave me a check?" "I guess" "What about one of those plastic cards?" "um, I doubt that". -- at least we know the options for tooth reimbursement are wide open. Did you catch that Toothfairy?
- Emmalyn - "Mom. Um. What color you want me to get at school today?" -- she's definitely listening as we talk to Colton about "working for green today" -- in his discipline chart. So then, after school, "Mom. I got green today!". (Which is funny, because they don't even have a discipline chart).
- Emmalyn - "Um, Keaton pooped on your carpet, Mom?" -- she thinks everytime he poops, he's going to poop on my carpet!
- Colton - "Mom. I can't go to school today. I have to go to Pam's" "Why bud?" "Because. Ugh. (exasperated) don't you remember?" "Remember what?" "The last time we took Keaton into Pam's all the kids were in his face. They won't leave him alone today. I have to go be with him!" -- Can we say protective big brother?
- Emmalyn - "Mom. Daddy and I went on a bike ride, and we looked for bucks. Big bucks" "Did you find any?" "No. Nope. Nopity. No bucks"
- Emmalyn - "Mom. How's come no one's farmed there yet? Can we go farming with Grandpa? Mom. Mom. I see a combine. Mom, is those beans? Mom. Is Grandpa farming beans?"
Basically...this is my life. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNkp4QF3we8
I'm sure there are more stories. I'm sure there are funny things I've not gotten captured here...but holy cow it's fun to hear them talk. And talk to each other. And read to their babies. And play church. And holler - "last one up the stairs is a rotten egg!" -- because before long -- they won't be little anymore. And they won't be Mom. Mum. Mommy-ing me anymore. So I have to remember to soak it all in. They don't stay little long!
Comments
Post a Comment