I wish I would have known when I made my last post about some mornings being epic, just how truly EPIC the day turned out to be. I mean, afterall, we did start the final day of Colton's Kindergarten year off with a fight over BLACK SOCKS....did I really think my vision of us holding hands, skipping through the school yard, reminiscing on all the great things he did during his first year of "real school", would actually happen?! Some say I hold on to hope...perhaps. Instead of sweet family portraits with our dear little graduate, and hugs and thanks for comings....we had tears, fits, and just overall....YUCK. Mom was near embarassment tears. Grandma was made to feel like the worst grandma for "hurting" Colton when giving him a hug, and overall....all I could think to myself post-cute-graduation ceremony was, "let's get the hell outta here and get this kid a N.A.P."...It was BRUTAL. It's not even documented anywhere on Facebook, it was THAT bad. However, that said...Colton...I'll give you a break. You had like, a bazillion baseball games that week, you went to the park, had field day, and did anything but follow your normal school routine that week. So, I know you were tired...but in about 12 years, when we get to repeat this ritual, will you please just hold my hand, thank me for helping you through the past 12 years of school (because trust me, school IS work for me too), and give me that blissful final feeling of victory? Please? Pretty please?!?
So...once that blessed day was over...summer officially started. And here's what I remember about the Month of June. ................................. it was busy. Before Graduation, there was a field trip with about 80 of my favorite Kindergarteners. Then graduation. And there was baseball. Em turned 4. Keaton found all my drawers, the toilet brush, toilet water, figured out how to climb the stairs, learned how to throw food, and yet...still smiled and cracked himself up...so he saved himself every. single. time. Colton did a K-nex class at school. Em took a music class, and promptly told me after day one, when I asked how it went, (in a slightly disgusted tone), "Um, it's a lot of singing and dancing"..........um, duh. What did you expect? It's a MUSIC class. There was VBS. There was Camp Mamps. There was a baseball tournament. There was another baseball tournament. Jason celebrated 15 years of being out of high school (that was FUN). There was Camp Tecumseh. There were few lazy weekends. Oh, and we surprised the "un-surpriseable" Uncle Trent with a killer 30th birthday party.
Life happened, and it happened FAST in June, but we had a great time. I shoved my camera in the kids faces as much as possible to help me attempt to remember the start to summer of 2014. My fear is this...if the following summers are anything like this one, as our kids get older....PRAY. FOR. ME. I think I told my co-worker Donna on a daily basis..."June is trying to kill me. I will survive!"....and we did.
Oh, and since it's only the 8th of July...I'll add in the 4th of July too. Lest we slow down into the new month....we did last day of Camp T, the Wolcott Parade & Fireworks on the actual 4th. We had a huge party with family and friends for the Brookston Fireworks Display, and spend the Sunday of recovery in Grandma & Grandpa's pool getting sunburnt while Dad, Jason & Uncle Trent went to Bass Pro Shop in prep of their big fishing trip. It was successful..Jason spent $2 on a "Fishing for Dummies" Cheat Sheet so he knows what he's actually catching up there. Good times.
Here are a few pictures of the blur that we'll call June 2014. Enjoy. These kids are a BALL right now, and we're loving it. However, they are EXHAUSTING...
 |
| Colton & Kendall at their K field trip to the Children's Museum |
 |
| Brody, Colton & Wyatt learning about plants! |
 |
| One of few graduation pics. He's in there. Somewhere. Pissed at his mom. |
 |
| Daddy got to try his hand at Umpire a few times...much to his delight! |
 |
| Keaton's first Gator Ride. He survived. |
 |
| Emmalyn Margaret & her 4 year old Team Umizoomi Party! |
 |
| Birthday Pizza Stop |
 |
| Some of my favorite gals (and best little photobomber) at Trent's 30th Birthday! |
 |
| Love this girl. Happy 15 years boys...thanks for being friends...so we can be, too! :) |
 |
| Love this guy! |
 |
| LOVE THEM! |
 |
| Oh ya, we found time to sneak over to the Drive In....it obviously worked out well for my crew. |
 |
| Keaton was NOT happy when Daddy took away what was left of his demolished ice cream cone... |
 |
| Em's birthday date...more on this soon! |
 |
| Keaton's first time in Grandma & Grandpa's pool! |
 |
| We love brownie batter! And a Lloyd Christmas Haircut! |
 |
| Uncle Matt & Aunt Sarah shared big news!!! |
 |
| Life's best medicine...laughs with Aunt Nina! |
 |
| LOVE! |
 |
| Patriotic Beauties! |
 |
| Mitch, daylight savings time isn't fun on the 4th of July with kids.... |
 |
| 5th of July Party Crowd! |
 |
| Cousins, before the sharing war began... |
Good night ya'll. I'll be up in time for August to start...
Comments
Post a Comment