Skip to main content

Emmalyn Kindergarten Graduation

I can remember growing up, my parents would always tell me that life would just go faster and faster the older I got. I remember thinking they were crazy. The drive to Lafayette would always feel like hours, sometimes Sunday mass would feel the same. The time between one county fair to the next just could. not. go fast enough.

Then I had kids. And I got it. I realized that in the blink of an eye, everything changes. You go from two people to three. Three people to four. Now four people to five. I realized that potty training never would get here, turned into how the heck do I not have to invest in diapers anymore? I realized that Holiday's are basically scheduled on top of each other. Perhaps we can thank modern marketing for that....since Valentines day decor is out the day after Christmas. But, the main point here is, Mom & Dad, I get it. Time does just move faster and faster and somehow, though I feel like I just left behind my State Officer year and my own High School days, I now have not one but TWO kids who have completed Kindergarten, and one who will be wearing that same cap & gown, in just three years! Or four. He's young for his age, and well, you've read the stories. We're not rushing anything with that one!

So, today, we celebrated Emmalyn. Though it feels like just yesterday she was born, and the day after that we took her to preschool, then her first day of Kindergarten and now in the blink of an eye, her last. We curled her hair, and picked out a pretty dress, and she was even practicing her song (in private of course) leading up to her big program. She did an awesome job, and we are so proud of you, Em. You are a smile on a dark day, you are a hug & kiss good night, every night, and you are laughter that never ends. Your easy going spirit is contagious and those eyes, well, someday they're going to lure a lucky young man in the same way they've worked for you to steal Dad's heart. He's a tough guy on the outside, but one tear from his baby girl, and forget about it.

Here are a few pictures of a fun afternoon, All About Em.












Because of Graduation, Pam closed for the day. (Well, not because of Em. Because of her own granddaughter, Em's good friend, Addison...but you know what I'm saying). Since Colton's been in Kindergarten, they would randomly ask me to come have lunch with them. "Mom, please, so & so's Mom came today, why don't you ever do that"....and today, instead of lamely answering, "because I'm working, and I just can't kiddos".....I instead said, "hey, would you guys like it if Keaton and I came and lunched with you?"....and of course, they went wild. So we planned it. Colton planned for me to bring Subway because that's what ALL the other parents do. Em was just happy I was coming. And Keaton was probably the most excited of all to get to go to the kids "cool". So, we made Keaton a little lunch to go, and planned for the kids to get their own lunches at school, since it was pizza day. When Em saw me, she was excited. Then she was mad because I didn't bring her turkey like I did Keaton. She wanted turkey. Ensue tears. On her graduation day. So we worked ourselves out of THAT mess, by telling her I'm sure Keaton will eat her lunch, just go get it and you can swap. Good enough....until she waits in line, and then drops her flimsy Styrofoam plate heading towards us. So she goes through line, AGAIN....and we finally settle and have a nice little conversation with her and her friend Grace. And several older boys (Beau, Mason, Cooper) come by to say hi to Keaton, but all kids mostly have assigned seats with their classes. Until someone at said assigned table pukes, and they invade our table. And Keaton becomes Mr. Class Clown trying to impress Cooper & Mason and keeping Em & Gracie giggling. Soon enough, K goes out, 2nd comes in and Colton's completely forgot that I said I'd come. Love those grins....when it's pure emotion. Not I'm too cool, so I'm gonna stifle my emotion. So we move over to his table, and visit with his friends. And I soon realize where Keaton gets his class clown tendencies come from. His big brother.

It was an entertaining lunch to say the least, but a fun time to spend with the kiddos and their friends!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...