Christmas is a favorite in our house. It's always been so magical for me -- so many wonderful memories from this time of year. Christmas Eve mass & programs. Hall gatherings. Grandma Hancock's buckeyes and smashing into her tiny living room, even as we far outgrew the space. Rensselaer (the game, not the city....). Singing our school Christmas program to all our aunts/uncles, then hiding in the basement for Santa to come to Grandma & Grandpa Hall's house. Then we grew, and your dad and I met, and what was essentially three Christmas gatherings in 24 hours for each of us, became six! I'll never forget that first year we were together -- we went to the Hall's for a little bit early in the day, then down to the Robinson's, then back to Hall's for church/gifts. EARLY Christmas morning we went to Brad & Jacki's ( Uncle Jacob was still only 8 then...), then to the Hall side, then the Hancocks, then the Stockment's at Grandma Pats. It was CHAOS. And exhausting. But I loved every minute of it, because we were with all of our family, and most importantly, each other. To me, that's all we need at Christmas -- each other. Such a magical/happy time of year.
Then you three came along, and our role at Christmastime changed -- we were buying more gifts, and helping you prep the house for Santa and his Reindeer. The light in your eyes is something I will never forget. Christmas morning you HATE that I make you stay on the steps until Mom & Dad have the camera's ready, and coffee poured for your dad...(a tradition carried on from my parents). But to watch you rush into the Christmas tree, and see what Santa left you. Those memories are priceless. The video we have of those mornings,I will cherish forever. Your little voices, and tiny hands. How quickly they are becoming bigger hands & deeper voices, and a more organized approach to gift opening.
We are SO beyond thankful that as our families have grown, and we've added more kids, inlaws and such to the bunch, that we've been able to maintain the tradition of Hall's on Christmas eve, our own family Christmas morning, and Stockment's Christmas afternoon. How blessed we are to have everyone so close. Of course, you know -- there was food, church programs, more food, some drinks, lots of gifts and hugs all around. I'll leave a few pictures here to help us remember what a blessed Christmas it was.
Christmas Eve:
And Christmas Day:
And finally, the Stockment side:
Then you three came along, and our role at Christmastime changed -- we were buying more gifts, and helping you prep the house for Santa and his Reindeer. The light in your eyes is something I will never forget. Christmas morning you HATE that I make you stay on the steps until Mom & Dad have the camera's ready, and coffee poured for your dad...(a tradition carried on from my parents). But to watch you rush into the Christmas tree, and see what Santa left you. Those memories are priceless. The video we have of those mornings,I will cherish forever. Your little voices, and tiny hands. How quickly they are becoming bigger hands & deeper voices, and a more organized approach to gift opening.
We are SO beyond thankful that as our families have grown, and we've added more kids, inlaws and such to the bunch, that we've been able to maintain the tradition of Hall's on Christmas eve, our own family Christmas morning, and Stockment's Christmas afternoon. How blessed we are to have everyone so close. Of course, you know -- there was food, church programs, more food, some drinks, lots of gifts and hugs all around. I'll leave a few pictures here to help us remember what a blessed Christmas it was.
Christmas Eve:
And Christmas Day:
And finally, the Stockment side:
Comments
Post a Comment