As you kids entered school, I always knew since I was a working mom who couldn't be in the classroom as much, I wanted to be able to help out in other ways. Then came the idea for the PTO to host an event called Pancakes & Pajamas. We'd team it up with a Title 1 Reading night and a FES Student Council game night, and we'd be lucky if a hundred or so people showed up.
I made a flyer for the event, which happened to fall the Thursday after the wedding. It turned out nice, and we put it up on the Facebook page, and sent one home with the kids. And then the RSVP's started rolling in. And we passed a hundred. Then two. Until we had to plan for nearly 400 people! Dually noted that the next time I sign up to help out with an event, take a helper role, and not a leader role. Planning a pancake dinner for 400 people, three days after your brother gets married wasn't exactly ideal..............but we did it. And it was fun.
Special shout out to Grandpa Kent for being on Keaton duty, while Daddy flipped pancakes, I helped manage the event, and the two bigs ran about the school like they owned the place! Such a fun night, and a great event for FES!!
I made a flyer for the event, which happened to fall the Thursday after the wedding. It turned out nice, and we put it up on the Facebook page, and sent one home with the kids. And then the RSVP's started rolling in. And we passed a hundred. Then two. Until we had to plan for nearly 400 people! Dually noted that the next time I sign up to help out with an event, take a helper role, and not a leader role. Planning a pancake dinner for 400 people, three days after your brother gets married wasn't exactly ideal..............but we did it. And it was fun.
Special shout out to Grandpa Kent for being on Keaton duty, while Daddy flipped pancakes, I helped manage the event, and the two bigs ran about the school like they owned the place! Such a fun night, and a great event for FES!!
Comments
Post a Comment