To know this school year has come and gone is actually quite weird. It's going to go on record as the fastest school year yet, and I have fears that the years to come will only go faster. My babies aren't babies anymore, and we are officially living in their world of sports and activities and play dates and social schedules. (And don't tell them, but I secretly love it. I do. I love seeing them interact with their friends. I love encouraging them to be nothing more than a good teammate. I love overhearing their conversations with their friends and most of all, I love when they do something that has FINALLY clicked with them. Being kind. Paying a compliment. Going out of their way to help a friend. They are finally getting it and I am loving every minute.)
Let's be real - this year had it's challenges. Colton's teacher was TRYING several times this year. I cried some. I got pissed off some. I got my feelings hurt some. I fought against you Colton. I fought FOR you Colton. And in the end, I learned two things -- I'm stronger than I realized and not another one of my children will ever have that teacher again in our future! HA :) #sorrynotsorry
Em -- you got the only teacher you DIDN'T want, but as it turns out -- she was fabulous. She was caring and kind, a bit cooky, but hey, aren't we all? She loved you through first grade and taught you patiently. Just as any teacher of 6-7 year old kids should.
May was fun -- it was baseball season kicking off, and school year winding down. It was testing and programs and final field trips galore. It was Muffins with Mom & Fishing with Fathers. It was Reading Goals pizza parties and summer birthday mock birthday parties.
Mostly - Dad and I are proud of each of you. We know the homework stinks. We know the way they ask questions is stupid and yes, for the love, Google had to help us figure out the answers more than we care to admit. And you're 6 & 9. LEAVE ME ALONE, MAN. But, you tried hard, you gave your best, you earned numerous Freddy Falcon awards and you were good friends. We are so proud of you, and while we don't tell you that often enough -- you are amazing kids. You're the kind of kids other kids/families want to be around and there really is NO greater compliment in our eyes.
So -- on to 2nd & 4th. When Keaton gets there in two years, you'll both be upstairs while he's downstairs. Maybe that's best. It's honestly how God planned it, and who are we to question that. Let's be honest -- he'll do JUST FINE on his own. He's got the personality to carry him and the confidence he's gained from watching his big sibs.
Cheers to the next adventure!
Let's be real - this year had it's challenges. Colton's teacher was TRYING several times this year. I cried some. I got pissed off some. I got my feelings hurt some. I fought against you Colton. I fought FOR you Colton. And in the end, I learned two things -- I'm stronger than I realized and not another one of my children will ever have that teacher again in our future! HA :) #sorrynotsorry
Em -- you got the only teacher you DIDN'T want, but as it turns out -- she was fabulous. She was caring and kind, a bit cooky, but hey, aren't we all? She loved you through first grade and taught you patiently. Just as any teacher of 6-7 year old kids should.
May was fun -- it was baseball season kicking off, and school year winding down. It was testing and programs and final field trips galore. It was Muffins with Mom & Fishing with Fathers. It was Reading Goals pizza parties and summer birthday mock birthday parties.
Mostly - Dad and I are proud of each of you. We know the homework stinks. We know the way they ask questions is stupid and yes, for the love, Google had to help us figure out the answers more than we care to admit. And you're 6 & 9. LEAVE ME ALONE, MAN. But, you tried hard, you gave your best, you earned numerous Freddy Falcon awards and you were good friends. We are so proud of you, and while we don't tell you that often enough -- you are amazing kids. You're the kind of kids other kids/families want to be around and there really is NO greater compliment in our eyes.
So -- on to 2nd & 4th. When Keaton gets there in two years, you'll both be upstairs while he's downstairs. Maybe that's best. It's honestly how God planned it, and who are we to question that. Let's be honest -- he'll do JUST FINE on his own. He's got the personality to carry him and the confidence he's gained from watching his big sibs.
Cheers to the next adventure!
Comments
Post a Comment