Skip to main content

Keaton

I'm WAY behind in posting...and there's a REALLY good reason why. I'll get to that fun in another post. However, while some things are fresh on my mind, I jump on here to jot them down.

Keaton has been a spitfire from day one. Our smallest baby. Our loviest baby. Our wild one. Pure joy mixed with a whole lot of frustration.

Everytime I see Miss Charlene, the prek teacher who drives Keaton's bus, she always tells me how funny he is and that he tells her the most hilarious stories. This simultaneously makes me smile and cringe...........lord knows what comes out of that kids mouth.

On Tuesday, Pam said she helped load the kids on the bus, as she always does....and after all were buckled and she was stepping down off hte bus, she hears Keaton - frantically and loudly yelling, "PAM! Pammy! PAM!!!!!"....she climbs back on, "What Keaton?"...."I love you!"  HEART EXPLOSION. (For both of us!)

Wednesday, the story was definite 4 year old perspective. Jason's been working a lot of overtime lately, as several McDonald's in the area are getting renno's and new ceilings. What kid doesn't think their dad is a rockstar for working at McDonalds. Well, this proud little guy told his teachers that his Dad works at McDonald.s Miss Charlene, knowing our family well enough to know that probably wasn't Dad's real job, questioned him, but he was insistent. He was quite proud of his Dad working those McDonald's jobs....and at night no less!

Thursday evening, I had BINGO with the Mom, Stef, Sarah, Ashley and Stef's Mom Gena. The kids stayed home with Dad, though, I didn't realize Dad had made plans for someone to come AI Rosie, our Momma cow. Fresh Momma cow, no doubt, to Baby Bella Blue. I get a text just as I arrive at Bingo from Jason. It read: "Oh my God. Keaton. "Dad, Bella Blue was licking on Rosie's Wiener".....a.) those are udders and she's drinking milk and b.) please don't laugh to encourage him! HA We were actually both shocked that he didn't already realize those are udders....but whatever. He knows now!!

Friday morning -- I got this picture from Pam. I guess our little ham is quite studious too! 💘💘

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...