October is always one of our favorite months of the year. In addition to sports, school, etc -- it's harvest time and there isn't a one of the five of us who doesn't love a good day at the farm. It's good for our souls!!
Harvest 19 was a trying one. Lots of accidents, break downs, weather.....it was a long time. But, we survived it. We found joy in it. And we celebrated when it was done!! It's not "our" farm, but it will always be our farm, because the ones we love most tend that ground.
This October was a little different than the past ones -- as I traveled for work to the 2019 Pest Conference in San Diego, California. Overall, I welcomed the time away, though, by day 3, I was ready to be home with my family. It's always nice to get away, for a bit.....but then it's time to reconnect. I will say though, San Diego was beautiful and the weather was second to none. I could get used to those temps in October! I was thankful for a good travel partner, a fun conference and some great sight seeing. There was certainly a lot of time for checking out the city!
I always miss things of course, while I'm away and this trip was no different. I missed Colton's final football game of his 6th grade year, and Em's field trip. Thankful for good friends who grab last game pictures and Grandma's who step in to fill Mom's shoes!
October turned magical at the end of the month, when Jason and Emmalyn attended their first ever Daddy Daughter Dance. I was able to be a part of the planning committee, so got to attend and witness it all first hand, which, was a blessing because watching Daddy love on his baby girl was super fun. We chose a dress and matching shoes, she picked out Dad's outfit, we did hair and make up. She buttoned Dad's cuffs, and he surprised Emmalyn with a floral corsage. It was adorable. They danced the night away, both together and Emmalyn, you with your friends. It was a great evening and one I'm so thankful they could share together. There's truly something special about being Daddy's little girl!
And to wrap up the month, we went from beauties to bitties......Halloween was a fun one filled with group outfits! We hit up Trunk or Treat at the elementary and then Grandma & Grandpa Hall's to see Hall cousins, before ending up at Grandma Jacki & Grandpa Brad's to walk the neighborhood! We popped in to visit Grandma Pat too! It was a super fun few days!
Random Fall fun!
Comments
Post a Comment