So, I'll be honest. This year, the blog is all over the place. I'm actually writing this post with 41 days left in 2020.......so writing a post to cover January through March is strictly from Memory and icloud photos. But before we dive into April (Read: when all hell broke loose.......) I felt it was appropriate to cover the first half of the year.
I mean, some great things happened in that time frame. We found 2020 -- realized it's been 20 years since I graduated High School, 15 years of marriage, 40 years of birth for Jason. It's kind of a big one.....but isn't it cute that we think those are going to be the milestones we look back on ....yowzers. I've been doing this blog for 12 years.....our baby was about to be born when we started and now he's nearing the teen years faster than I care to admit.
January - March were busy months. Basketball games, school, preparing for spring baseball, AGR Cattle Show, Colton's 12th birthday.... there were some good times. Life was good. Friends. Family.
In late February, I saw a posting for a job with Hoosier Ag Today. I wasn't necessarily looking for a new job. I didn't always like the way leadership was doing things at Purdue Online, but it wasn't bad. But this was a job in Agriculture, and just like everytime I'd see a job in Ag, I thought what the heck, let's throw my name in there. I did, and after a 45 minute initial conversation with Gary Truitt, and then a lunch interview with Gary & Andy Eubank -- I was hired. I'd be working from home, in Agriculture, I got a car, a pay raise...…like, HELLO 2020 -- this is going to be a GREAT year. What could possibly go wrong.....how little I knew then.
But I digress -- January, February & March were good months. I'll let the pictures do the talking.
In early March, Jason got sick. Well, actually, I think Emmalyn got sick first -- she ended up missing a few days of school, and soon after Jason got sick -- and was down for a week. He NEVER stays home from work that long - but he had a horrible cough, lethargic, it was bad. Of course, about the same time he was getting sick - Coronavirus was breaking. Then they cancelled NBA games and we thought this isn't good. Then they halted the Big 10 tournament half way through it and we thought this REALLY isn't good. When they all together cancelled the NCAA tournament -- we knew life was bout to change. Thankfully, Jason recovered -- and none of the rest of us got it.....but life as we knew it upto that point, was about to change......
Comments
Post a Comment