Wednesday, 16 January 2008
Only 10 more days to our due date. Or perhaps only 4. Depends on which date you use. They originally told us the 27th, then they said the 20th, then they went back to the 27th. Hard telling which is right/wrong...as long as baby comes out happy & healthy...or even just healthy, I'll be happy. (And I wouldn't complain if the bugger is antsy like his or her parents, and comes out soon!!!! We're not patient people, he or she has to be dying to get out into the real world...don't you think?)I'm still feeling good...although, I've got my complaints. My feet/legs are swollen, all the time. And they've ruled out that it could be a complication, it's just a pregnancy symptom. I'm exhausted, even when I do nothing. Sleep...it's a thing of the past with this bladder...I got up 4 times last night, and dear, loving husband of mine, didn't move once. Nor did the dog. Damn boys! But, overall, I don't have many symptoms that I can't bear in a days time, and I've been using my evenings to kick back a little bit. That's been nice.
Mom was out Monday to help me get the nursery organized. It was really helpful to have her tell me what to wash, what to save for future babies, etc. I'm totally clueless in that area. And, we've been blessed with so many gifts, that it's hard to determine what should be used now and what should be held on to. After all, we're already praying for brothers and sisters for this kid....not any time soon of course, but we both want a big happy family.
Jason's been spending a lot of time helping his Mom & Dad on their house. Their contractor is set to come out early February, so they've got their work cut out for them in removing drywall and lath board. It's a dirty job, and one I obviously can't participate in. Not like I have the energy. It's good for Jason though...keeps his mind busy! When it's not busy...he drives me crazy with 1million questions about how I'm going to act in labor. HELLO!!!! I've never done this before...I might be calm (yeah right) or I might make the most embarrassing scene you've ever been around. I can't say what I'll be like. According to him though, he'd prefer it if I was just calm, and didn't make a scene, or get too loud. Um, I'll do my best pal...and then I'll try to shove a watermelon through your parts and tell you to keep it down!!! Men, they have no clue sometimes.
That's all I've got to report -- 38 1/2 weeks today. Hard to believe 9 months has gone this fast, but it's been easy. I didn't have any morning sickness, and really, no other side effects. I think God saved all my misery for my legs & feet. They literally are growing out of my shoes when I get home from work at night. It's not cool.
Hope everyone has a good weekend, and we'll keep you posted. Hopefully...it won't be much longer. Thanks for the prayers and well wishes...Baby Stockment can't wait to meet all of our amazing family & friends!!
Comments
Post a Comment