Monday, 28 January 2008
Well, it's official. I'm overdue. Over cooked. Ripe. Ready to go. Look like I could burst. You name it...and that's what I am. But you know what I am most of all, becoming entirely impatient. And, my dear mother, has the nerve to say to me..."Patience if a virtue, practice it often"....I think she's trying to pay me back for the 24 hours that she was in labor with me. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall during hour 20 saying..."Mandy, Patience is a virtue, practice it often". After all, I am my father's daughter. There's no denying that's where my patience issue comes from. Jason, I think he's the mailman's son, because Brad & Jacki are two of the most laid back people I've ever met in my life. They don't get stirred up over anything. Well...I shouldn't say that, I've seen Jacki riled up a time or two...but still, it was mild compared to Jason and I. Oh well...we're both bullheaded and stubborn too, and without even meeting this child, I'd say he or she carried those traits rather well. I'm still praying they get Grandpa & Grandma Stockment's patience...but we'll see about that.We had the Clark wedding this weekend. What a great time. I'm glad we could make it too. Becky had told me she'd hate me forever (jokingly of course) if we couldn't make their wedding, and by no means did we want to miss it. They make a great couple, and are some good friends to us, so we were glad to be there with them on Saturday. Although, Becky of course was the limelight of the evening, looking stunning in her gown, I think I might have gotten the second most amount of attention. Every person who saw me either gaped at how big I was, or asked when I was going to pop. Did we have names picked out? Are we ready? When's it coming? Are you nervous? How excited you are?! I'm telling you...I'm ready to have this child. Maybe then people won't ask so many questions...that I don't have the answers too. After baby comes, it'll be sweet sentiments instead of questions I don't know how to answer!!!
Sunday night we got to play with Meredith for awhile at Brad & Jacki's. She was having a sleep over, and I can't believe how big she is getting. She was sitting up by herself, has her two bottom teeth...and those amazing eyes! Boys, watch out...she's gonna be a heartbreaker! She was a little fussy, Jess said she has an ear infection...that's not much fun, but for hte better part of the evening, she was in good spirits. She probably gets sick of everyone hounding her when we see her.
Well...I survived another day of work. On Friday, everyone said they hoped they didn't see me today, and here I am. Tonight, I made them promise to want to see me tomorrow. (We're trying reverse psychology on this kid...) Perhaps if they all say they want to see me tomorrow...something will happen tonight. Keep your fingers crossed...but don't get your hopes up. We're not...until something happens. That's when we'll believe it's game time!
Happy Monday!!
Comments
Post a Comment