Well...I've known for a long time, how crazy & hectic this time of year can be. However, I've got a whole new perspective this year. I realize how energy-sucking all this commotion can be at 8 1/2 months pregnant. I can also see where toting around a new baby/toddler/child will be just as energy-sucking. However, this is still my favorite time of year, because family and friends and even strangers are happy. Everyone is looking forward to the vacation, the time off, the food, the gifts, the celebrations...and then, New Year hits. And you have to come back to work. And work full weeks. Not 3 days, not 2 days....5 days. It's a rather tough adjustment. I'm not gonna lie...this week will be hard. But, I must say...it was all worth it. We had an amazing Christmas in our new house, brought in 2008 in a rather low key manner, and got to see many family & friends. We even had time to do some more odds and ends around the house in our days off. Vacation was good. Reality/back to work...just okay.
Work is really starting to slow down for me. I think part of the reason is that I'm 3x more tired than I've been throughout this entire pregnancy. I mean, I get tired, doing nothing. It's that pathetic. I've got most of my upcoming programs wrapped up and am to a place where I can keep working ahead, but what needs done, is done, and what I'm doing, can wait until I get back. That's a nice reality. After all, baby could come any day!
I'm officially 37 weeks, which means I'm full term. Should baby come at this point, odds are everything would be okay. That's very reassuring! It stinks to think that I still have 3 weeks...I'm to that miserable point. For example, today, my feet are literally swelling out of my shoes. My good friend Jenny was due on the 3rd...she still hasn't had her baby yet, but agreed with me that it's national fat foot day for those of us who are pregnant. She said she can't keep her feet in her flip flops. I'm telling you...this is unreal! I go to the Doc again on Thursday, so we'll see if we're making any progress, or still waiting. Sleep...is a thing of the past. However, I finally convinced Jason that if he wanted me to sleep in the same bed as him, he'd have to share. He sometimes forgets that he's not the absurdly large person who takes up 3/4 of the bed.
The Robinson side of the family had a shower yesterday. What a great time. We got lots of great things for baby and it was so fun to see everyone. Trent & Lisa came up with Grant, I'd not seen him since he was a newborn...holy cow is he cute, and he's going to be a tall boy, that's for sure! The topic of discussion was on my belly, and whether it was growing or shrinking. I'm honestly not sure it could shrink at this point, I mean honestly, the baby isn't getting smaller, I can tell it's out of room. Here are two pictures....one is from Seth & Jen's wedding, at 32 weeks, and the other, from yesterday at 37. 5 weeks seperation. Any changes?
32 weeks 37 weeks

Baby may have dropped a bit...but still, it's high and holy.
A few other pictures from the shower...
The happiest baby I've ever met. I swear to it!

My mother and I... now do you see why they say we are twins? Love her!

Well, that's all I've got. Hope that everyone had a safe and happy holiday season! Here's to hoping that 2008 brings you all the joy and happiness that you wish!
PS. My calendar today, shows my favorite quote....and motto for 2008...
"The three grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for"
Comments
Post a Comment