Tuesday, 22 January 2008
Well, we're now officially 5 days to due date. No baby. No sign of baby wanting to make an appearance either. I've not had any braxton hicks contractions, or what I have had, have been few, and probably often mistaken as gas pains. I'm still trying to determine the difference between the two. People at work say I've dropped, and that's encouraging, I feel like I don't look like I've dropped, but there is increased pressure on my pelvis...it almost hurts to get up if I've been sitting a long time, and that doesn't help my back very much. I go back to the Doctor on Thursday. We'll see what he says then. My biggest struggle at this point is being patient. Jason and I are both bad in that category. Like many have said, we've not even hit our official "due date" yet...so we might still have a ways to go. However, with them telling me at one point it could be the 20th, and then the 27th, how do you know which date is more accurate? We're just playing along at this point. Baby's in the driver seat, and when he or she is good and ready to come out, I suppose it'll make an appearance.We had a nice weekend. Date night Friday night. We finished up getting some essentials for the hospital (I didn't have a robe, so we went on the search for a robe & some decent pajama's to wear in public! Apparently my ratty old high school t-shirts & gym shorts aren't public appropriate anymore. Especially not pregnant!
)
We ate at Jason's favorite...Bob Evans. He asked if I thought we'd run
into Aunt Marsha and Uncle Ed when we pulled in...Uncle Ed is as ate up
with Bob Evans as Jason is. It's ridiculous. I was happy though, because
at least this particular Friday night, we weren't the youngest couple
in the place...we were the second youngest! I can't complain the food is
always good. Saturday I worked around the house, and Jason helped at his parents place. Saturday night we had Butch, Sarah, Seth & Jenna out for pizza. It was a fun night. I've not laughed that hard in a long time. It was fun to visit with all of them. It's crazy how entertaining a shih tzu can be too...the boys were having WAY too much fun wiht Murphy, and Jenna was having way too much fun with the thing that "is actually alive" in my stomach. She was fascinated with feeling the baby move!
Sunday...we went to church, then worked around the house some more, and finally, out coyote hunting in the evening, before Brad & Jacki's for dinner. Jason is the bonified hunter in our family, and the only reason he got me to ride along, was for the mere fact that he said I couldn't spot one before him (and he knew I'd complain if I had to sit at home by myself...I get so bored and lonely!) Well, sure enough...just as I was starting to get bored (because we hadn't seen a thing!!), we were driving down a really bumpy/washed out ditchbank, and sure enough...guess who spotted the first coyote! That'd be me! So, if they say really bumpy rides can induce labor, here was our chance. We were on the chase. We were outran. Coyote 1, Jason 0. Maybe next time. Although, I told him he probably wouldn't spot anymore without his best set of eyes riding with him!!
I had Monday off. Jason went to work, and Murphy and I stayed all cozy up in our beds. He didn't move and neither did I. Now, I'm not one to be lazy. I could crave being lazy...for about 2 hours, then I'm over it. I just get too antsy if I'm lazy and lay around all day. For some reason though, yesterday I was completely okay with being lazy. In fact, Murphy and I napped off and on until 12:30...when I finally de-pj'd and showered for the day. From there I tidied up the house, ran my car up to get checked out uptown and then Jason and I went out to my parents for the evening. Jason and Dad worked on the tool shed, and Mom and I piddled in the house. We had supper there, and left about 8:30, after completely grossing ourselves out watching "Dirty Jobs". Dad was so fascinated with that show. It was gross. Period.
Today...it's my one year anniversary at work. 1 year at Purdue, can you believe that? Seems like I just started yesterday. Time flies when you're having fun!! It's been a big year for us...new job, new house, new baby...lots more exciting things to come. Until then, pray for Baby Stockment to hurry up and make his or her appearance...we'll be patiently waiting!
Happy Tuesday everyone!
Comments
Post a Comment