It's a really busy day for me at work. I've got 400 older women checking in today for the Home & Family Conference. It's the 92nd year for the conference, and I'm pretty confident that most of the attendees have been here since day 1. They are older, and they are sassy. In conjunction with the Home & Family Conference, is the Extension Homemakers Choral Performance & Festival Day, which adds about 250-300 more women to the mix. Only these women are fun -- they get all dressed up in outfits to match their song, and really rock out. I've not seen so many fancy sequined outfits since my Senior Prom!!! Talk about being in the sea of menopause & senility....these women are a real piece of work. Should I ever get to that point as an older adult....tell me to shut up and be polite. And remind me that I'm too old for sequins. On the split side of that -- I've got 500 pubescent teenagers checking in for 3 days away from home and mom and dad at the 4-H science workshops. Talk about both ends of the spectrum. Today has been nuts -- but everything has gone fairly smooth. That is, after we had to clear the entire building for about 20 minutes as the FIRE ALARMS went off. I've never seen so many older women look at me like I was stupid. It's as if they were totally into burning to death inside this building. Who knows...maybe they were. They sure as heck didn't want to move. A few of them even asked "What are those bells". I swear....life's a trip sometimes ya know? But, we cleared the building, disregarded the dirty looks, and got everyone out safely. And, after about 20 minutes, we were cleared to come back in and resume, and found out later that what tripped the alarm was nothing more than teh guy testing them. So...that was funny. Aside from that adventure...things are going well enough that I can take 10 to write in my blog.
And to be honest -- there is a lot to catch you up on, but I'm not going to do that right now. I'm simply going to post some pictures of the boy from the last few weeks. Highlights include - Meeting Great Aunt Marsha for the first time...unbeknownst to Colton, he's officially met all 9 Hall kids....taken his first turn in his very own swing in the front yard, helped Uncle Trent celebrate his 24th birthday, met his daddy's best friend from high schools little boy Grant, been to Indiana Beach with cousin Meredith, and even let Mommy have her first girls night out since he was born. Oh yeah, and he gave Uncle Matt a pep talk about the Cubbies too...Here are the pictures to prove it...
Meeting Great Aunt Marsha at Grandma's in Lafayette...

His swing -- he loved it. Daddy worked extra hard to get it hung in the tree just right, and Colton actually really enjoyed it!

Uncle Trent's Birthday...even Colton got a present from Uncle Trent -- a brand new John Deere Wagon...Daddy will love pulling him around in that! Unfortunately, I didn't get any Colton/Uncle Trent pictures....maybe I'll get some from Mom, I think she snapped a few....

Meeting Trent & Grant Stinson -- look at these one time Frontier Football studs turned Dad's....cute huh?

Then to the beach with Meredith...and Uncle John, Aunt Jess, and Uncle Jacob...yes, Meredith is 7 months older...but only 1 pound heavier...

Finally...giving Uncle Matt some pointers on those Cubs!

I better get back to work -- or should at least go check on my ladies -- but enjoy! :)
Comments
Post a Comment