Holy cow. Time flies. I used to update this website often. Now, I'm
lucky to get in one good post a week, and I've become really lazy with
it too...just posting pictures. I swear to try to write more sometime
soon, but I'm here to tell you -- it's summertime, and that means lots
of summer conferences. We survived last week -- barely. Between having a
fire alarm on the first day of Home & Family, to watching it turn
pitch black & a rain storm right after we loaded their buses to head
out for tours on Friday afternoon...we made it. And 4-H went off with
out a hitch too, although, I wasn't able to make it over to visit them
nearly as often as I would have liked. Thankfully, they are
self-sufficient. So, a busy three days at work, lead right into a busy
weekend.
I don't really have any pictures to show for it -- but I can recap what we did. Friday night was date night. Jason and I hadn't been out on a date lately, and they give you a gift certificate now when you have a baby, for a free steak dinner & glass of champagne or wine at Hour Time restaurant. So, we did that, and then did a little Fathers' Day shopping. Matt & Sarah tried their hand at babysitting for us. They did pretty well -- he had a bath, story & was in bed when we got home, so all was well. I think that Sarah did the majority of the work, but Matt swears he helped out....some. Saturday, we just piddled. All day. It was FANTASTIC. Jason worked out in the barn with his turkey's all morning, cleaning up a bigger room to put them in. In the afternoon, Colton played under his play gym in the shade, while I laid out and tried to get some sun, while reading the latest Beverly Lewis Amish novel. I love those books...it's so hard for me to put them down. Once he got fussy (not long after being out there....I've decided to give up on being tan this summer...), we went over to try the swing. While we swung, Jason worked on putting together the John Deere Wagon that Uncle Trent got for Colton. Seth stopped out, and visited awhile, and then we finally just retreated to the house for dinner and some tv time. After we got Colton down to bed, Jason and I sat around the fire pit for awhile. It was just such a gorgeous day, we couldn't hardly keep ourselves inside.
Sunday brought Jason's first Father's day. We went to early church in Lafayette, then met Brad & Jacki, Jacob, John & Meredith for breakfast at Bob Evans. Unfortunately, Jess worked both Saturday & Sunday night -- so she was fast asleep while we were having a great morning feast! Back home to just work around -- I mowed for Jason for awhile, and he got a quick nap in with Colton, then he took over mowing and I kept Colton happy. Finally, about 3pm we cleaned up and headed to Wolcott for dinner & swimming with my family. By no means was I read to pour this body into a swim suit, but it felt so great to get in the water. Once a fish, always a fish I suppose. I really hope that we can get Colton in there quite a bit this summer, and get him accustomed to the water. It was too cold for him on Sunday. We ate supper, and then headed home to crash. It was a great Fathers day...weekend really. Jason even said that -- it was a great weekend with his new family! :) It's so weird to think we are a family.
The only other big news I have to report would be that Colton is growing by leaps and bounds. He's been fighting a cold for almost a month now -- it's really sad. He's wheezy and coughing, and I just wish there was something I could do to make it better. Well, finally, last Tuesday, we took him to the doc, and she prescribed an inhaler for breathing treatments, and a steroid to help open up his airways. So, the answer from the doctor to comfort my child and make him feel better....hold him down and shove a mask on his face, and make him take deep breaths of the inhaler. At least he wasn't SCREAMING AND KICKING with the wheeze & cough. It's so pitiful to have to do that to a baby...but, it works I guess. It was helping the wheezing, but he still had a pretty consistent cough. We took him back yesterday, and they gave us another medicine, that I can already see improvements with. I didn't hear any coughing this morning, which was GREAT! So, here's what I've got -- June 2 - 4 months checkup/shots - 17lb, 4 oz. June 10 cough check up - 17lb, 11oz, June 16, cough checkup again - 18lb 4 oz. One thing is for sure...even when he's sick, he still finds a way to eat. That is definitely a trait he gets from his mother.....unfortunately! :)
Okay, by now, I've written a book, and I don't even have any new pcitures to share. Let me just do this -- a comparison -- January 30th to last week sometime...It's crazy! Have a great week...unless I can get back again this week...I'll try!
37 weeks Pregnant

Colton's life - day 1 -- hours old

Colton & Daddy -- almost 1 month old...

Colton - 4 months old...
I don't really have any pictures to show for it -- but I can recap what we did. Friday night was date night. Jason and I hadn't been out on a date lately, and they give you a gift certificate now when you have a baby, for a free steak dinner & glass of champagne or wine at Hour Time restaurant. So, we did that, and then did a little Fathers' Day shopping. Matt & Sarah tried their hand at babysitting for us. They did pretty well -- he had a bath, story & was in bed when we got home, so all was well. I think that Sarah did the majority of the work, but Matt swears he helped out....some. Saturday, we just piddled. All day. It was FANTASTIC. Jason worked out in the barn with his turkey's all morning, cleaning up a bigger room to put them in. In the afternoon, Colton played under his play gym in the shade, while I laid out and tried to get some sun, while reading the latest Beverly Lewis Amish novel. I love those books...it's so hard for me to put them down. Once he got fussy (not long after being out there....I've decided to give up on being tan this summer...), we went over to try the swing. While we swung, Jason worked on putting together the John Deere Wagon that Uncle Trent got for Colton. Seth stopped out, and visited awhile, and then we finally just retreated to the house for dinner and some tv time. After we got Colton down to bed, Jason and I sat around the fire pit for awhile. It was just such a gorgeous day, we couldn't hardly keep ourselves inside.
Sunday brought Jason's first Father's day. We went to early church in Lafayette, then met Brad & Jacki, Jacob, John & Meredith for breakfast at Bob Evans. Unfortunately, Jess worked both Saturday & Sunday night -- so she was fast asleep while we were having a great morning feast! Back home to just work around -- I mowed for Jason for awhile, and he got a quick nap in with Colton, then he took over mowing and I kept Colton happy. Finally, about 3pm we cleaned up and headed to Wolcott for dinner & swimming with my family. By no means was I read to pour this body into a swim suit, but it felt so great to get in the water. Once a fish, always a fish I suppose. I really hope that we can get Colton in there quite a bit this summer, and get him accustomed to the water. It was too cold for him on Sunday. We ate supper, and then headed home to crash. It was a great Fathers day...weekend really. Jason even said that -- it was a great weekend with his new family! :) It's so weird to think we are a family.
The only other big news I have to report would be that Colton is growing by leaps and bounds. He's been fighting a cold for almost a month now -- it's really sad. He's wheezy and coughing, and I just wish there was something I could do to make it better. Well, finally, last Tuesday, we took him to the doc, and she prescribed an inhaler for breathing treatments, and a steroid to help open up his airways. So, the answer from the doctor to comfort my child and make him feel better....hold him down and shove a mask on his face, and make him take deep breaths of the inhaler. At least he wasn't SCREAMING AND KICKING with the wheeze & cough. It's so pitiful to have to do that to a baby...but, it works I guess. It was helping the wheezing, but he still had a pretty consistent cough. We took him back yesterday, and they gave us another medicine, that I can already see improvements with. I didn't hear any coughing this morning, which was GREAT! So, here's what I've got -- June 2 - 4 months checkup/shots - 17lb, 4 oz. June 10 cough check up - 17lb, 11oz, June 16, cough checkup again - 18lb 4 oz. One thing is for sure...even when he's sick, he still finds a way to eat. That is definitely a trait he gets from his mother.....unfortunately! :)
Okay, by now, I've written a book, and I don't even have any new pcitures to share. Let me just do this -- a comparison -- January 30th to last week sometime...It's crazy! Have a great week...unless I can get back again this week...I'll try!
37 weeks Pregnant

Colton's life - day 1 -- hours old

Colton & Daddy -- almost 1 month old...

Colton - 4 months old...
Comments
Post a Comment