Skip to main content

2 whole weeks!

  First I have to apologize that it's been 2 whole weeks since I've last written in this thing. I mean, really, what's been going on that is so important that I don't have time to blog. I'll tell you...everything. Why is it that the few days, or the many days directly before a vacation, things at work and home just go absolutely buck crazy?
  Let's back up to my last post...the "we almost gave Murphy away" drama. I must tell you what happened that night. After the disparaging day I had at work, and contemplating giving away our doggy, I rushed home to see him and pet him and tell him I was sorry for even considering it. Jason and I were both all cuddly, and lovey with him, and generally, just really good owners. Finally, we got Colton to bed, and after crashing on the couch for an hour or so to watch TV, we decided to go to bed. Somewhere between putting Colton to bed, and putting ourselves to bed, (a 1 hour time frame...) Murphy, our wonderful dog, took it upon himself to sneak into the front sunroom, and have a gnawing fest on my good brown sandals. I swear, it's like Karma! Once again, I was had. What the heck? Why do dogs do stupid stuff like that? Why couldn't he have just been a good dog that evening, to help me finalize the decision to keep him in my head? But, he didn't, and I again blamed myself for not having put my own shoes away...but still....damn dog!
  Colton had a Doctor appointment last Monday, his 6 month check up. Yes, he's 6 months old already. Is that nuts or what? He weighed in at 20lbs even, and is 26inches long. Not bad...in fact, aside from the mondo thunder thighs the kid has going on, I am starting to think he's thinning out. Ask my arms, and you might get a different answer. Holy cow has this kid been hell on my back muscles and arm muscles...he's just a lug! (But a damn cute lug!!) He got along great at his appointment, and the doctor mentioned that he'd be getting his two "fang" teeth before his top middle teeth. The doctor was wrong...he's getting all 4 front teeth at one time! It's not been horrible, but a little bit more cranky that the last two. And a little more messy in the diaper department too. He's sitting up on his own with no support...and is really wanting to crawl...he just hasn't figured it out yet. He lights up for just about anybody, but especially mommy, daddy & his grandparents...I think he knows that they'll all spoil him rotten!
  After Monday's doctor appointment, the week just flew. I had lots of meetings here at work, and it seemed like each evening was full too. By Friday, I was finally able to stay home for an evening, and watch some old home videos that we had put onto DVD's. That is so freaking dorky, I know, but I love it. I love going back in time and remembering all the memories. Of course, the FFA tapes were my favorite, I'd completely forgotten that I'd been hypnotized at an FFA banquet during my officer year, and of course, to see what was "in style" nearly 10 years ago is hilarious as well. Saturday Colton and I went out to Mom & Dad's while Jason worked. Joe Demerly's wedding was that afternoon, and Jason was just going to meet us out there, as we were staying the night. It was a fun time...see the pictures below.
  Sunday was lazy...we just hung out at home, then went to dinner with Jason's family Sunday night. Monday-today have been absolutely full of meetings. I finally had my last pre-vacation meeting at 8:30 this morning, and I think I went on auto shut off at that point. I'm basically sitting, spinning in my chair waiting for 5pm to hit so that I can go home and get ready to enjoy 10 all out days of nothing but vacation, relaxation and the BEACH!  We are going to Dauphin Island, AL -- with about 4 other couples. We started planning this trip right after Colton was born, and holy cow, it does not seem like it's been that long ago! Time's flying! We leave at 4:30am Saturday, and Jason and I both have tomorrow off to get ready, pack the car, do laundry, clean the house, etc. We both are thrilled, and PRAY that Colton is a good baby for the car ride....I'll write more on that after we get back...let's just think positively until then! So, Adios Amigos, we're beach bound, and probably won't update until we get back. I'll take plenty of pictures, and hopefully will have some awesome stories to tell. Good friends, good food, cold beer & the beach...does vacation get any better than that?

Okay...now for some pictures to catch you up... these were taken in the sunflower patch Jason planted to hunt doves out of....two days after these pictures were taken, a huge wind/rain storm came through and mowed over half the patch...glad we got some cute pictures...

We went to visit Grandma Hall with Dad, and no one, including Mommy, could get Colton to chill out and nap....except for Uncle Trent. It was the cutest thing...

These are from Joe's wedding...is that not the cutest outfit ever? I love it.

Aunt Marsha and Aunt Nina (Hall Sisters) with Colton

Matt & Sarah...he's too chicken to kiss her for the camera!

This was Sunday morning, Dad was half ready for Church, and Colton was still in his jammies...reading the paper together...

And of course, Grandma has to do a semi-photo shoot...

These are from Sunday night with Jason's family -- Meredith and Colton both in big kid high chairs -- playing with the top... Colton finally pulled it off the table!


And with that...we're outta here. See you after vacation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

Central Indiana Winter Spectacular

 We kicked off show season with this set of calves in mid-January at the Central Indiana Winter Spectacular, a first time show down in Cloverdale, Indiana. I'm not sure what was more fun - being with our kids and friends at a cattle show, or listening to our kids meddle over the thought of staying in a Motel 6.  (Backstory on this one -- when I worked at Purdue/in the Conference division, I held a few conference at The Hyatt in downtown Indianapolis. When I had events there, I'd earn points. We then would use those points for free night stays....I think I had maybe 15 or so over the years. So, the only hotel my kids know, is a Hyatt, because unbeknownst to them, it was FREE.....which is the ONLY reason we stayed in such a nice place with young kids. So, imagine their dismay when the Motel 6 in Cloverdale didn't have an Eagles Nest rotating up top, or an indoor pool and hot tub/workout area. We have officially raised hotel snobs.....because when we finally took them to the k...