I had hoped to update this blog like right away after we got back from
vacation, because I got some awesome photos, some great stories to
share, etc....and here it is, Wednesday after we returned on Friday, and
I'm just now thinking about updating. What's worse, is that there might
be typos, because I'm trying to multi task. I'm on a noon conference
call with one of my upcoming workshops, and obviously, I'm not
interested. haha So, I'm taking this portion of my time to update my
blog, while I'm stuck here at my desk.
Vacation - in a single word - AMAZING! We had a blast. We left on Saturday morning at 5am from our house, traveling with Seth & Jenna Maxwell, John, Jessica & Meredith Gretencord, Jill & Austin Pangle & Ryan Clark and headed for Alabama. We knew the trip only took about 13 hours, and we knew we had two babies...so the trip could potentially be longer if the kids were a nightmare to travel with. Let me first say this -- the babies were awesome to travel with. Yes, they had their moments -- but all in all, they were great. So, like I said, we left at 5:00am, stopped at 71st St. NORTH of Indianapolis so that my amazing hubby could pee, after downing Coffee to keep him awake. We stopped again in Seymour, IN, directly SOUTH of Indianapolis. By Louisville, John & Jess had ran over a piece of steel and had to look at getting a tired repaired. It's now 10:00am, and we were only 1/2 way through Kentucky. We finally hit a groove, stopped in Alabama for gas & late lunch, and then cruised on in to Alabama by 7:00pm their time. We shopped at Wal-Mart, and FINALLY arrived at our "home" for the week at 9:00pmish their time. From there on out...we had an amazing week. We all got along so great, and you could not beat the sun, sand & drinks we all shared. A few highlights
-- Colton gained about 4 teeth through this trip, totaling 6 at 6 1/2 months --
-- He started learning how to crawl and pull himself up to a crawl
-- We only left the house 3 times during the week, dinner out, bar/gift shops & leaving for good.
--Colton traveled well and napped like a champ, and gave Jason and I a good amount of time to ourselves to play in the ocean and enjoy the beach
-- We gained two awesome new recipes through our dinner parties and some new drink recipes too
-- We learned that Butch can text and sing American Idol
-- We saw jellyfish, manarays and dolphins
--We fished for blue crabs and saw sand crabs daily
-- We watched Jason successfully ride a bike down the back stairs...successfully until he hit the sand...
--We watched Jessy flip out when a swarm of birds were being fed overhead
-- We lost count of lemon drop shots
--We got sunburnt, but not too bad
--We drank through 3 30 packs of Busch Light and a 12 of Miller Chill
--WE HAD A GREAT TIME!
I really could go on for hours about this trip, but of course, photos and videos tell a better story than I ever could -- so....on with the photo show....this could take a couple posts! :) Enjoy!
Waiting on Uncle John & Aunt Jess to change to a spare tire....somewhere in Louisville...

After unloading groceries into the house on the first night...late Saturday. This stash was almost completely gone, and being refurbished by Tuesday morning.

The first morning...Colton loved the sounds of the ocean...

Our view from the balcony... this was obviously really early!

Taking his first walk in the beach, and hanging with Mommy after getting our suits on...

Our house...from the water looking back at it...it was basically right on the ocean... notice how all the houses are on stilts for hurricane weather? Did I mention Hurricane Faye was looming off the coast of Florida the whole time we were there, and yet, we only had rain for 45 minutes one day at lunch time? GREAT weather!

Meredith wasn't sure she liked the beach at first....

The kids loved being in this tent, and playing together on the deck...

Of course, we took several family type pictures...

The whole group hanging out on the deck...
We also watched a tornado taking place out in the ocean too...

And of course, I mentioned we had some drinks...this might have been the result...

And now, just because this is our page -- a few family oriented shots...then I better take off to my next meeting. See how good I am at multi tasking...err...HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Vacation - in a single word - AMAZING! We had a blast. We left on Saturday morning at 5am from our house, traveling with Seth & Jenna Maxwell, John, Jessica & Meredith Gretencord, Jill & Austin Pangle & Ryan Clark and headed for Alabama. We knew the trip only took about 13 hours, and we knew we had two babies...so the trip could potentially be longer if the kids were a nightmare to travel with. Let me first say this -- the babies were awesome to travel with. Yes, they had their moments -- but all in all, they were great. So, like I said, we left at 5:00am, stopped at 71st St. NORTH of Indianapolis so that my amazing hubby could pee, after downing Coffee to keep him awake. We stopped again in Seymour, IN, directly SOUTH of Indianapolis. By Louisville, John & Jess had ran over a piece of steel and had to look at getting a tired repaired. It's now 10:00am, and we were only 1/2 way through Kentucky. We finally hit a groove, stopped in Alabama for gas & late lunch, and then cruised on in to Alabama by 7:00pm their time. We shopped at Wal-Mart, and FINALLY arrived at our "home" for the week at 9:00pmish their time. From there on out...we had an amazing week. We all got along so great, and you could not beat the sun, sand & drinks we all shared. A few highlights
-- Colton gained about 4 teeth through this trip, totaling 6 at 6 1/2 months --
-- He started learning how to crawl and pull himself up to a crawl
-- We only left the house 3 times during the week, dinner out, bar/gift shops & leaving for good.
--Colton traveled well and napped like a champ, and gave Jason and I a good amount of time to ourselves to play in the ocean and enjoy the beach
-- We gained two awesome new recipes through our dinner parties and some new drink recipes too
-- We learned that Butch can text and sing American Idol
-- We saw jellyfish, manarays and dolphins
--We fished for blue crabs and saw sand crabs daily
-- We watched Jason successfully ride a bike down the back stairs...successfully until he hit the sand...
--We watched Jessy flip out when a swarm of birds were being fed overhead
-- We lost count of lemon drop shots
--We got sunburnt, but not too bad
--We drank through 3 30 packs of Busch Light and a 12 of Miller Chill
--WE HAD A GREAT TIME!
I really could go on for hours about this trip, but of course, photos and videos tell a better story than I ever could -- so....on with the photo show....this could take a couple posts! :) Enjoy!
Waiting on Uncle John & Aunt Jess to change to a spare tire....somewhere in Louisville...

After unloading groceries into the house on the first night...late Saturday. This stash was almost completely gone, and being refurbished by Tuesday morning.

The first morning...Colton loved the sounds of the ocean...

Our view from the balcony... this was obviously really early!

Taking his first walk in the beach, and hanging with Mommy after getting our suits on...

Our house...from the water looking back at it...it was basically right on the ocean... notice how all the houses are on stilts for hurricane weather? Did I mention Hurricane Faye was looming off the coast of Florida the whole time we were there, and yet, we only had rain for 45 minutes one day at lunch time? GREAT weather!

Meredith wasn't sure she liked the beach at first....

The kids loved being in this tent, and playing together on the deck...

Of course, we took several family type pictures...

The whole group hanging out on the deck...
We also watched a tornado taking place out in the ocean too...

And of course, I mentioned we had some drinks...this might have been the result...

And now, just because this is our page -- a few family oriented shots...then I better take off to my next meeting. See how good I am at multi tasking...err...HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Comments
Post a Comment