Skip to main content

Another busy month!

Did we go back to June and I somehow missed it? It's now September 10th, and I've got three weeks of back to back conferences, and so far, they've all been a headache. It's crazy. So crazy in fact, that I've not blogged for a long time!!! What the heck, have I actually been working?? Today...I'm making time to blog. Enough is enough.

Labor Day weekend came and went, and was fairly uneventful. We had a dinner date with Ryan & Steph on Friday (fun times, of course, Felix missed his Uncle Butch). Saturday brought cleaning & a cookout at Biehl's. Sunday was a busy one -- church, visit with Gram, family get together with Robinson's, then home to shoot clay pigeons and pig out on pizza with Seth, Jenna & Silas. It was a fun day...but tiring. Monday was a lot of fun too -- well, in the tiring way. We dropped Colton off with Aunt Nina & Laura first thing on Friday, then down to help John & Jess officially move out of their home in Noblesville. As of this coming Friday, they officially don't own that house anymore. It was a crazy weekend, but at the same time, nice and long. We really enjoyed ourselves. And, aside from Colton coming home with an entire butt cheek hanging out of his diaper, I think Aunt Nina got along pretty well with him! :) And she wondered why he was fussy that evening...I would be too with that kind of wedgie! HA :)

Speaking of the main attraction -- he's officially crawling. And he's pretty good at it. He knows where he wants to go, and when he gets tired, he just lays down and starts rolling. It's amazing to me to see how suddenly, he realizes that his legs exist, and they are useful for something. Not that I thought he'd be a slow learner or anything, but holy cow, it's like once they catch on, they really catch on. So much so, that just last night, I caught him pulling himself up into a stand while leaning on the kitchen cabinets. This morning, he was trying to use the legs of the coffee table to get himself up. Pam confirmed this morning that he's pulling himself up and into everything. Walking is knocking on our door, and I'm not sure I'm ready for that. He's only 7 months old people!!! He's also kind of over baby food. He's much more interested in feeding himself. Saltines are his new big thing, and cleaning up his messes are mine. Let's just say the kid can chuck a sippy cup, and only about 1/4 of the food he feeds himself, makes it into his mouth. It's so much fun though, to watch him learn and discover new things.

This past weekend was a doozy too. We talked Mom & Dad into camping with us and Federer's. Well, Barb called me probably a month ago, wanting to do a surprise party for them. I told her she could, but they'd threatened my life. I embarrassed the crap out of them at 40 (I got'em good then!!) and that 50 was just another year. Yeah, yeah, whatever. So off to planning we went. Seriously, like they were really going to do anything if I co-conspired a party for them? So, we set it up to be camping in Monticello -- boy were we in for a treat. Friday night when we got there, there was a wedding rehearsal going on in the "conference center" which is the shelter connected to the PUBLIC restrooms right across the street from our campsite. We're talking less than 100 yards away from our camper & fire. So, Saturday was the big day for the surprise party....little did we know a month ago we'd share the big day with a newly married couple. No, our parties didn't intertwine, but we had fun blatantly taking pictures of them, and sneaking peaks of their party while attending the restroom all night long. As for the surprise -- well, Mom knew. But it's totally crazy how she found out -- our neighbors invitation got put into their mailbox....what are the odds? Mom put two and two together, but the best part -- for two whole weeks...she didn't tell Dad. He was completely had. So, we had an awesome time with friends and family, good entertainment across the street, and a great weekend for camping. Hopefully we can go more than once next year....we both really enjoy going, and Colton was such a great baby.

Here are some pictures. I didn't get a single labor day picture -- but lots from Mom & Dad's party. Enjoy!
He's not into the sign anymore...and I totally missed 6 months...but other than that, I'm right on track...

Trying Dad's popsicle...not sure what to think..tasty, but COLD...

And the wedding party...they even got dressed in the nasty public bathroom/shower area...yuck! The chick in the black dress is the wedding planner...hilarious....

And the party...lots of awesome food!

I think this is great -- this card was hilarious -- it played star wars music....and the quote inside: "You were born". Funny!

This is an awesome picture for two people who just turned 50, a sign of their age perhaps? Which one will be able to read it first??

Dad with the funny glasses...bifocals if you ask me...

Matt & Andy enjoying the campfire. Matty came home to surprise his parentals...wasn't that sweet?


Needless to say, it was a good time. Another fun, busy weekend ahead. It can't come soon enough. I'm ready for work to slow down, and fall weather to set in. I love this time of year. Football, sweatshirts, campfires and harvest. Love it! Better get back to work...have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...