Skip to main content

The little rat update...

Well, we've entered 9 months, and Colton weighed in at a whopping 23 lbs (22 lb 15 oz. to be exact)  and 28 1/2 inches long. He's Huge....go ahead, say it...he's got some Hall in him. But, he's an adorable huge right? He has been so fun lately - and folks, I'm here to say, that at 9 months, 15 days...the kid is on the verge of walking. It won't be long, all the signs are there, and he's a pretty determined guy -- what can we say, he gets that honest from both of his parents.

Not to much new to update -- Colton's finally feeling better, although, has another snotty nose and a bit of a cough. I have a feeling it'll be never ending this winter. Jason's in Heaven -- it's hunting season and he's seen several good bucks. Shotgun opens up tomorrow, so we'll have Jacob all weekend, and I'll basically be one of those hunting widows. Work has slowed almost to a halt. I've got a quick registration for a conference in the morning (yes, 7:30 on a Saturday! ...) and then a registration in Indy on December 3, after that...it's smooth sailing well into the new year. Hip Hip Hooray for that.

Now for some fun pictures...Last week while I was putting away clothes upstairs, I moved the dog cage in front of the stairwell to keep Colton from tumbling down to the 1st floor. It actually worked out pretty good -- it was the perfect toy for him!

On Monday, Jason was out hunting, and I had Colton in his high chair eating crackers to kill time while I fixed our supper. I've waiting 9 months for this to happen, and after seeing a couple of pictures of him doing it at Pam's, I finally have one of my own...and I'm here to tell you, this will never get un-adorable!!
He was sleeping so soundly, he ended up like this...precious isn't it? And kind of funny too...
 

So lately, getting ready with a mobile child has been a bit of a chore. However, I've gotten creative, and although it's probably not the safest thing for baby to do -- it keeps him pretty well occupied...who knew our infant car seat would be so handy for so long...

And then this morning, this happened...oops! HA He didn't cry, just because suddenly interested in dad's shoes...note that this is the ONLY room where the hot pink carpet remains.
 
After getting un-interested in the seat, he crawled out back into the bathroom, and while I was putting on make up, he proceeded to do this...
Which I thought only dogs did...apparently I'm wrong...(don't mind the sleepy eyes in these pictures...he'd only been up about 20 minutes...)
 

Finally -- growing up, (like I'm talking 4th & 5th Grade) I was a HUGE New Kids on the Block fan. HUGE. I had their sleeping bag, the vhs of their concert....everything. I was in LOVE with Joey McEntire and I knew all the words. For some reason, this childhood fad, stuck with my cousin Neil in Florida. And, as he and his wife celebrated her birthday last weekend, I got a couple of extremely loud phone calls (perhaps drunk dials) telling me how they were at the New Kids on the Block concert, and Neil couldn't stop remembering how obsessed I was. So, you'll imagine my shock when I get the mail yesterday, and find this...

He loves me...it's for certain. And another thing...Joey (far right) is no longer the cute one -- I'm pretty sure they all don't amount to much these days....NKTB for life!

Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...