Skip to main content

LONG post...

A lot has happened since the last time I blogged. I'm getting progressively worse at keeping up with this, but I'll continue to do my best. Utilizing lunch hour is usually the best option, so here goes nothing. This update will probably be filled with lots of pictures, because honestly -- who wants to really read what I have to say? Isn't it better to just share the bazillion pictures I've taken lately, and give you little snippets of our life lately? I can say this -- we've been busy. Big surprise huh? November was actually busier than I planned, and now it's December, and it doesn't even matter -- December is always busy. Holiday shopping, parities, hanging out and just enjoying time with family and being thankful for those around us. That's what we plan to do a lot of this year. Be thankful and enjoy. So....here you go...

To start things off, we had a different babysitter for a week while Pam was vacationing in Florida. (We tried to convince her to take all the kids with her, but for some reason...we got a no?) So, Monday morning I got Colton all ready, his bag packed up and off we went...only to arrive at the new babysitters house and find out she was closed for the day, and sick. UH OH! So, after making some mad-dash phone calls, and taking the morning off of work myself...Dad came to the rescue and watched Colton for me in the afternoon. THANK GOODNESS they both survived. I think I was more scared leaving him with my Dad than I am with the new baby sitter I hardly knew. Dad's just got a way of being WAY to comfortable with my child! HA He did a GREAT job though, and totally saved the day for me. That's what daddy's are for though right? Tuesday Colton was off to the new sitter, and got along fine, until I picked him up and she asked if he threw up often? Well...enter flu bug. Stomach bug. Virus...call it what you want, but it invaded Colton Tuesday - Thursday, Mom Thursday afternoon - Friday morning, and Dad Thursday evening - Saturday morning (because he's a man, that's why his lasted so much longer....sissy!). 
This is me and Colton cuddling -- when we were both not feeling (or looking) so hot. I hated that he was sick, but I have to admit, I loved all the cuddle and lap time that came with a sick baby...

Well, even thought Jason got all of Friday to recouperate and be lazy, I had to suck it up and shake it off ("gut check it" as my Dad would say) because this was our weekend. Our big, huge, crazy busy weekend. Friday I had to run errands, take Colton to my parents, and get ready for Kayla's rehearsal dinner. Saturday was the wedding day... Trent & I were both in the wedding, and of course, Kayla was a beautiful bride.

Colton, still somewhat fighting the bug, wasn't much of a trooper at the reception. Although, it was adorable when he finally passed out and took a nap...and no, there was no whiskey in his bottle...
 
By 4am Sunday morning, that same bug (or a strand of it...) had attacked Mom, Dad, Sarah (matt's girlfriend) and by Sunday night, it had Matt. What a weekend to be sick...especially since Sunday Mom was hosting over 50 elderly folks for Grandma Hancock's 80th Birthday! It was a fun day...lots of old people, but I think Grandma really enjoyed seeing her friends, old classmates, etc. Mom "gut checked it" while Dad sissied out and napped upstairs, away from the crowd.
This was hte houseful of people, watching a DVD movie my uncle had made for Gram...
 
Gram even got goofy opening her gifts...
 

That following week was Colton's First Thanksgiving-- and thankfully, he was back into eating like his normal self just in time for the big holiday! We kicked off the weekend on Wednesday night with Jeff & Jenna, Ryan & Stephani, and a good game of spoons!!! It was fun. The next morning, while I was fixing the fire, I found Colton in the kitchen helping himself to a pre-thanksgiving meal "drink"...out of our recycling can. Yes, that's a bud light...at least he has decent taste...

Then off we went to Mom's for Thanksgiving with the Hancock side. It was a FEAST!
 
Colton also got to play his first game of Yahtzee!! Dad did too...and he was less than thrilled...he's not a "game person" like I am!
And lastly...of course, he wasn't done eating...wanted to feed himself a roll...I think more went on Mom's floor than in his mouth...
Friday night, after spending most of the day shopping with Mom, Trent & Lisa Stinson stopped by and Colton and Grant played the night away...instant buds!

Saturday brought Thanksgiving with the Stockments side of the family. The boys raked Grandma's leaves up for her, and I took the opportunity to take Colton out to play in them. Two things I learned from that experience -- babies eat leaves. Babies get mad when you bring them inside when they'd rather be outside eating leaves. But hey, it was worth a cute picture...note my shadow in the background..haha.
 
Saturday night we went to see Santa with Uncle John, Aunt Jess and Meredith. Holy cow was this an experience. First of all, this will be the first and last time I spend $20 to get my child's picture taken with Santa. 8 wallets....for $20....with a creepy mall Santa. Never again....but it was darn cute....or maybe that's just the kids? Watch the progression of the next three pictures...they are priceless!
Who's this guy?
 
I'm not so sure about this mom...

SAVE ME!!!!

When we got home, Colton was in such a good mood...we played. Did a photo shoot, and played some more...

Now a fun video of Colton being totally crazy...after meeting Santa...


Sunday was another busy day...church, groceries, visit to Great Gram Hall, then out to see Grandpa & Grandma Hall for supper, Stockment's for dessert, then finally home...but in between all that madness, I found Colton to be the culprit of the bell ringing...not company like I'd originally thought...
And finally....Monday night we put up our tree, and we decided to do our Christmas card photo shoot...this one just keeps making me smile. Consider it a preview of what's to come...
 

End the ridiculously long post full of crazy business...have a great week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...