Holy Crap. Can I say that? TGIF. I’m just praying that I survive today, so please say your prayers.
Tuesday
afternoon…I was walking through the tunnel of the Union, over to the
Grant Street Garage to go home. As I’m walking up the stairs out of the
Union, I completely bite it on the stairs, and fall clear to my knees.
EMBARASSING. Some nice guy behind me of course, asks if I’m okay, and as
my face goes through 50 shades of red…I think I said “Well shit…if I’d
just pick up my feet”….and kind of made a joke out of it. I was so
flustered from my klutziness…that I went to the 4th floor when I was parked on the 3rd,
missed my turn going to Pam’s, and well…you see the trend here. It had
me completely flustered and embarrassed. Not to mention, my foot was
sore for the next couple of days because I probably pulled a muscle or
something. EMBARRASSING.
Let’s top that.
Today, I’m happily taking my darling son into Pam’s, and going down her
stairs, like I do every morning. Out of nowhere, I miss the step,
stumble down about three of them, sound like a damn freight train
crashing through her walls, and eventually, catch myself on the last
step and stand up with that again, horrified face of red, to say “I’m
okay…I’m okay…” – after hearing Pam GASP and say “Oh no!” mid-fall.
Colton, God Bless him, in my arms through all this tragedy, starts to
whimper like “What the hell Mom?” – and reaches for Pam! I about died.
Not only did I look like a fool who can’t walk, I about dropped my child
in my fall down the babysitters stairs, only to have him reach for HER
for safety and comfort. Again…EMBARASSING!!!
My
best friend Stacy and I always had a rule, an old quote if you will –
“Dude, if you fall, I’m probably gonna laugh first, and THEN ask if
you’re okay”….that was always our rule. I know, if she were there...when
I made a total arse out of myself, she would have been laughing so
hard, she wouldn't have even been able to ask if I was okay.
So
far, I think I’m fine. My ankles aren’t swollen yet, but they are a
little sore. So is some random muscle up my left shin. Oh well…that’s
what I get for being a klutz. I’m blaming on the pants that are too big
that hang down too far, but really…I think it was just me.
Pray
that I survive today. I thought my luck was turning up when I won the
game on K105 last night and got 4 tickets to the Amanda Overmyer concert
in Indy at the 8 second saloon…and a George Straight cd. I think. I was
so excited, I didn’t really listen to what I won. I should have played
the lottery last night – at least if I won something, I’d have the cash
to pay for my doctors visits that might result from all this
klutziness...
Comments
Post a Comment