Skip to main content

Purdue Game Drama & Cuteness.


As a recent (okay, well, not so recent, but I tell myself that) Purdue Alum, I really enjoy going to Purdue sporting events. And, given the fact that Purdue Men's Basketball is ACTUALLY doing well again (unlike the football team who can win the clutch games but not the easy ones), I really enjoy heading to Mackey to enjoy a nice night of basketball. My favorite trips are daddy date nights, where Dad and I enjoy the game and then usually a quick sandwich and drink afterwards. Nothing beats those nights. My second favorite date would be my husband, although, getting him to go to these games is like pulling teeth. He's pretty good at coming up with an excuse.

Take this last Friday for example. Mom called, and offered us their tickets, as they were going to see Gram. Knowing it was the night before "opening day", I figured I was pushing my luck, but Jason agreed to go, and said he'd be in to clean up AFTER he went out and cut down a few branches. One frantic phone call, and a trip to the ER later.....we didn't make it to the Purdue game.

Jason fell while cutting branches, and was afraid he'd done some good damage to his eye. Luckily, there was no damage (Thank GOD) and it just ended up looking worse than it was. So, we swapped out a night of Purdue Hoops for a visit with Gram Hall and my parents, which ended up being 100% worth it. But the next time they offer us tickets.....I might be asking this guy to be my date.....at least I know we'd both be cheering for the same team.... 


And, because he's so darn cute (we think so anyway....) - here are a few more recent pictures!
Not only does he talk alot -- but he sweeps for Mommy....with only one sock on.

AND....he's a poser. This is the look I get when he knows he's in trouble.....NOW I know why parenting and being strict can be so hard....


Lastly....I don't think I've blogged in so long, that I've probably not announced that we're expecting Baby Number 2 in June. You know.....the month where we already have 3 family birthdays and the month chosen by my youngest brother and his girlfriend to GET MARRIED. It's okay though, we're due June 6, and they don't get married until the 19th, and since all babies come on time or early, it shouldn't be a problem.....right? Beyond that, I'm sure I'll be back down to a beautiful weight in those two weeks to knock out a killer bridesmaid dress. THANK GOD it's all about the BRIDE that day.....yikes! Can't wait for next June....will be such an exciting month.

In the mean time -- send up those prayers for Joe & Gram Hall. Things have been very up and down lately with both of them, and God couldn't have put two more amazing people into my life. I'm thankful for both of them, all the memories we've shared, and the smiles we still can. Joe, thanks for the best best friend a girl could ask for. And three sisters to borrow anytime I want a break from my brothers. Gram, thanks for teaching me what true love is, and what a caring heart can do to change the lives of those around you. Oh, and the recipes & cooking lessons too...I give you all the credit for that part of my life! ;) Love you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...