Talk about Dad of the Year. It was a simple outing, with big time excitement. Two Christmas's ago, Grandma Jacki and Grandpa Brad got Colton an AWESOME camo tent with a tube extension he could crawl in and out of. We'd set it up occasionally, for them to play with, but never had we used the tent for it's actual use. Last night, Jason started asking if I thought Colton would be up for tent camping this summer out in the woods behind our house. My suggestion (mostly for the bed all to myself since they got three hour naps yesterday, and this Momma did NOT!!)..."Why don't you try it in the living room"?
So, at dinner, Jason asked Colton and the excitement began. He was running circles around the house, picked up toys faster than I've ever seen him pick up toys and kept exclaming..."I'm so excited, this is so exciting, I don't even need my blankie!!" ...
 |
| So what if Dad's feet hung out of the tent a good 2 feet? :) |
 |
| One happy camper! |
For those of you wondering....yes, blankie made it's way into the tent before the eyes finally shut for the night! Overall, I'd say the test of tent camping, was a complete success. Except for one thing. When they camp in the woods this summer...I'm pretty sure Dad's going to have to take a couch out to the woods. That's where I found him about midnight when I came down to use the bathroom... HA!
Comments
Post a Comment