I used to hate storms. I can remember (go ahead, family, make fun of me for my amazing memory!), but I can remember a time when there were several of us Hall Grandkids at Grandma & Grandpa's house. A spring/summer storm rolled in, and instead of letting us run off and hide in the basement, my Grandpa made us all gather together out on the front porch to watch the storm. He loved to sit there, and watch the storm roll in, and then roll on. He said you have to sit and find the beauty in the storms. Somehow, that stuck with me, and to this day, I enjoy watching a storm roll in, and eventually roll on.
I also remember, that particular evening, someone (and I honestly can't remember if it was a cousin or Grandma or Grandpa who encouraged it), suggested we go puddle jumping. Soon, there was a slew of Hall grandkids with our barefeet and shorts out splashing around in all the standing water. I'm sure Grandma was smiling in joy of us all having fun together, while Grandpa was cussing under his breath the mess we'd make when we came back in. Regardless....we had a great time.
Today was gorgeous, which of course meant, a early summer storm would eventually roll in. And it did. It got chillier. It got darker. It blew hard. It rained hard. And then it passed. And Colton, Jason and I went out to make some memories. Unfortunately, Em was asleep through it all, but I'm not sure she would have truly enjoyed this adventure. I think Colton will love teaching Em how to puddle jump in future years. Something tells me, as big of a hit as tonight was...that he'll want to be doing this after EVERY storm. And quite honestly...I'm okay with that. Even if it means taking a second shower! Life's to short to not enjoy the beauty of a storm!
 |
| So, he was already in his jammies, and we couldn't find shorts quick...so we just went in his undies! |
 |
| Puddle Jumper! |
 |
| I wish I had taken a picture or two during the storm...it did a little damage, but not as much as it looked like it could have! |
 |
| I love when it looks like this after a storm...this is about 8:15pm! |
 |
| I'm fairly confident this picture will resurface sometime circa 2026 at an FHS graduation party! :) |
We did some other fun things this weekend too. Friday night we had a pizza party/play date with the Roberts and Mansfields. Colton enjoyed pretending to take Reagan on a date! :)
 |
| Colton & Reagan - 3 years old |
We also hit up the Chalmers park tonight before the storm. You can kind of see in the background, how nasty it got to looking before the storm hit. Luckily, we made it home with the camper just ahead of the brunt of the storm!
 |
| Em swinging! |
 |
| Colton enjoyed swinging too! |
Comments
Post a Comment