Emmalyn - Happy Birthday. I remember so clearly the day you joined us. It was a breeze. Literally. Your Dad & I went to the hospital so that Dr. Wickert could induce me. We played games on my phone. Channel surfed. Took a nap. After lunch (well, lunch for your Dad), they broke my water, gave me the epidural and about an hour and a half later, here you were. A dream come true. I'd wanted so badly for you to be a girl. Nothing against boys, but we had one of those, and Colton is everything we could ask for in a little boy. But I wanted a girl. Someone who I could spend time with, just like I love to spend time with my own Mom. Someone who enjoyed shopping, playing hair dresser, dolls/barbies, cooking in the kitchen alongside me, and all the other girly things. I hope one day we can spend an evening getting pedicures and being silly like old girlfriends.
Now here you are - one year old. You're babbling, saying a few words. (Always Dadda, and never Mamma) You're starting to walk. You're eating all kinds of new foods and growing, learning and changing every day. They told me the second child, life would go so much faster. They were right, whomever "they" are.
Em - your eyes light up the world. Your smile melts my heart. And you're only ONE! I know you're going to grow into a beautiful young lady. I hope that you are kind & graceful. I hope that you believe in giving more than receiving and treating others how you would want to be treated. I know you'll do great things and change the world. Your eyes have such a story to tell...they are a open window to your heart.
Em - we love you very much. Happy 1st Birthday, Sweet Baby girl.
Now here you are - one year old. You're babbling, saying a few words. (Always Dadda, and never Mamma) You're starting to walk. You're eating all kinds of new foods and growing, learning and changing every day. They told me the second child, life would go so much faster. They were right, whomever "they" are.
Em - your eyes light up the world. Your smile melts my heart. And you're only ONE! I know you're going to grow into a beautiful young lady. I hope that you are kind & graceful. I hope that you believe in giving more than receiving and treating others how you would want to be treated. I know you'll do great things and change the world. Your eyes have such a story to tell...they are a open window to your heart.
Em - we love you very much. Happy 1st Birthday, Sweet Baby girl.
Comments
Post a Comment