Well, we survived the first week, but not without distress, of course. Not for Colton -- he was geared up and ready to go, all morning actually. It was Mom who could have used a hand to hold. We dropped Emmalyn off, and Colton and I were off. We were running early, so I stopped in the gas station for a pop and of course, like any good mother on the first day of school, I allowed Colton a sip or two! :) Then off we went. When we arrived, as Colton was getting out of the van, he kind of non-chalantly said to me, "This is gonna be kind of scary". Big Gulp. He'd been so good all morning, so brave, and now, as reality is smacking me in the face, the kid starts to buckle. Go figure. However, he must have caught a second wind, and I did okay too....although, he looked awfully nervous in his pictures with his friends. A hug & kiss, and off he went. I couldn't hardly get to the van fast enough before the tears started to fall. I'm not sure what it was either. Him being a bit nervous. Me feeling a bit old. ME being nervous for him. I don't know...but I had a good little cry on the way to work and all's well. He's loving every minute, and home each night with new story to tell. Week two starts tomorrow. Let's hope it's just as successful. I'm proud of you Colton! We love you!
 |
| Colton waking Em up on his first day. He told her "You get to go to Pammy's by yourself, sissy, because I'm going to Preschool with Kendall and Katie"...You can see how excited she was. |
 |
| Poser. |
 |
| He looks so grown up here -- but still only 3 years and 7 months old! |
 |
| So excited! |
 |
| Em's still less than thrilled about this arrangement. |
 |
| My camera blurred out, but he was off... |
 |
| He was happier when Kendall showed up, but still nervous. |
 |
| See. This is what made me nervous. Kendall and Katie are stoked, Colton's not sure. |
 |
| Finally a smile, but not at Mom. |
Comments
Post a Comment