I'm stealing this concept from my cousin/friend Lacy, who also blogs. A few times now, she's simply noted the things she hears around her household, and I love it, because there are so many things the kids are saying/doing (not to mention their father) that I just want to capture. Since this is basically a working time capsule, I figure it's a great outlet to capture those moments. So...if you will...here are a few of the things I've heard lately.
Colton:
(When asked about his bible verse for preschool last week...which was "Be Glad in the Lord"...he couldn't remember it, so I offered help by saying, "Be...") "I-N-G-O??"
"Mom, you don't know how to do this, because you don't go to my school. I'll do it" (MR. INDEPENDENT)
"Mom, hurry up and drive fast to Pammy's, I've got to poop!" (about 10 seconds later)
"Never mind, I just farted"
Emmalyn:
"Yeah" -- this might be her first word....well, real word, after Mama & Dada
"Bruuuuba" -- we think this means Brother? (At least it does according to Colton!
She's also mastered waving her hands in the air when she's done with her meal, to indicate "All done" -- we're still working on drink, and she's got "More" down pat as well -- she point to the middle of her open palm with a single finger from the other hand. Baby sign language (what minimal things we teach our kids) is really pretty cool.
Jason:
"Ugh, hell no. I'm pretty much a legend around here"....when I asked him to go back up into the stands and retrieve Em's diaperbag, that happens to be pink Vera, at his hometown HS Football game. I'm immediately lost control laughing, patted hisbelly stomach, and said, "Sure, honey. Whatever you say...now go get the bag!"
"You're more paranoid than a dope smoker" -- Work has just been crazy lately. Kind of like I'm living in a real life game of Survivor. You can't trust anyone, especially the boss, and I just told him that every move makes me nervous. I'm kind of thinking now...looking back...that this was Jason's way of being encouraging to me. That's my man, full of infinite wisdom!
We've been keeping busy lately. Colton's glad that it's FINALLY that time of year to get into the combine with Grandpa & Uncle Trent, and Jason's readily watching the deer in our pasture hoping for a good fall of hunting. Em & I are just hanging out, doing our thing. She's growing like a weed and changing more everyday. She's certainly a little diva, but I suppose she gets that honest!
Colton:
(When asked about his bible verse for preschool last week...which was "Be Glad in the Lord"...he couldn't remember it, so I offered help by saying, "Be...") "I-N-G-O??"
"Mom, you don't know how to do this, because you don't go to my school. I'll do it" (MR. INDEPENDENT)
"Mom, hurry up and drive fast to Pammy's, I've got to poop!" (about 10 seconds later)
"Never mind, I just farted"
Emmalyn:
"Yeah" -- this might be her first word....well, real word, after Mama & Dada
"Bruuuuba" -- we think this means Brother? (At least it does according to Colton!
She's also mastered waving her hands in the air when she's done with her meal, to indicate "All done" -- we're still working on drink, and she's got "More" down pat as well -- she point to the middle of her open palm with a single finger from the other hand. Baby sign language (what minimal things we teach our kids) is really pretty cool.
Jason:
"Ugh, hell no. I'm pretty much a legend around here"....when I asked him to go back up into the stands and retrieve Em's diaperbag, that happens to be pink Vera, at his hometown HS Football game. I'm immediately lost control laughing, patted his
"You're more paranoid than a dope smoker" -- Work has just been crazy lately. Kind of like I'm living in a real life game of Survivor. You can't trust anyone, especially the boss, and I just told him that every move makes me nervous. I'm kind of thinking now...looking back...that this was Jason's way of being encouraging to me. That's my man, full of infinite wisdom!
We've been keeping busy lately. Colton's glad that it's FINALLY that time of year to get into the combine with Grandpa & Uncle Trent, and Jason's readily watching the deer in our pasture hoping for a good fall of hunting. Em & I are just hanging out, doing our thing. She's growing like a weed and changing more everyday. She's certainly a little diva, but I suppose she gets that honest!
LOVE it! I might have to steal this as well.
ReplyDelete