Good thing he doesn't typically read this blog or I'm sure that post title would go straight to his head. Beyond that, this is my sly way of working in a "Holy Shit Kim turned 30" post without blatantly screaming it to the world. (Which, isn't that the reason Birthday's are so fun anyway??) Well, regardless,...it's not about me, it's about Hubs. He did a fantastic job with me turning 30. All of it...the emotional wreck I have been in the couple of weeks leading up to the big day, the surprise party he threw me (yes, he did...more to come on that), the gift he gave me, the evening he spent with my family on my actual birthday. The man did well. The only bad thing, is that I'll be forever indebted to him. At least until his next birthday...then maybe I'll be off the hook.
My birthday was on a Tuesday this year, so Friday evening before my birthday, I was EXTREMELY antsy. I had no idea what our plans were for the whole weekend, and for crying out loud, I'm an event planner. I needed to know the plan. Even if it was to stay home and clean house and do laundry, I have to prep myself for such things! :) Jason comes into the house where I'm relishing in the fact that it's "finally Friday" and hands me a giftbag with a Christina & Company gift card in it...along with a selection of services. As if that wasn't sweet enough, he insisted that I take Stacy and we do a couples massage the next morning. Not sometime soon. THE NEXT MORNING. After all the emotional and work related stress I've been under lately...I wasn't going to argue. Not to mention, it's not often that Jason proposes the idea of me being away while he stays home with the kids. Luckily, I've got the worlds greatest best friend, and she willingly gave up her morning to sleep in to spend the day with me! :) We ended out Friday evening visiting with Jason's family and spending time out on the porch.
Saturday, Stacy and I were up at at'em for our massages. We loved every last second of that 60 minutes, and I'm fairly certain, we both sat up in our beds after they had finished and said, "There's NO WAY that was 60 minutes".......it was glorious. We shopped a bit, then had an overindulgent lunch at Texas Roadhouse (our favorite) and then shopped a bit more before heading home to hang. I pretty much didn't do a darn thing the rest of the day...until about 6, when we went into Seth & Jen's to hang out and "help them smoke a pork butt for Silas's 19th Birthday"....which was Sunday. We got carryout and again, enjoyed a gorgeous evening outside. We are so blessed to have them as such great friends. The kids played well together and we came home to crash about 10:30.
Sunday we got up, ate a quick breakfast, and got ready to go to 10:15 mass. We knew it'd be a longer mass since it was Palm Sunday, but we'd prepared for it. Jason had to use the restroom as soon as we got there and then again later in mass. I was quite irritated with him. He's always telling Colton to hold it, yet can't seem to figure out that notion for himself. Little did I know.
Church ended and after holding two kids through nearly 2 hours of church, I was ready to feed them lunchables and put them down for nap....and when I say them, I mean all of us! :) As we were pulling up the driveway, I noticed a car out ahead of us -- and I immediately assumed perhaps it was someone in Jason's family, stopping by to "see the place, and what we'd done with it"...yet, as we got closer, I noticed it to be my Grandma's car. Hmm. (No lightbulbs going off yet). Jason, ever so slyly asks -- "Hm, wonder why Grandma would be here"...and I just basically agreed with him. And I looked at him and said, "Well, what..." and he said, "didn't you notice all the coolers on the porch" -- and stupid me just said --"Are my parents here?" -- totally clueless. I opened the door and not only were my parents in the house, but so many others -- my second Momma, my awesome inlaws, both mine and Jason's Grandma, and my wonderful siblings, Seth & Jen, best friend and her hubby, and my lunchdate girlfriends and their husbands! I was in total shock. And so were the kids -- they had no idea either, so what did they do? TOTALLY CLAMMED UP! It was so wonderful and shocking and such a good feeling of being "loved". I'm so blessed to have such an amazing support group. And not to mention, we had the most wonderful afternoon. Unfortunately for Silas, the pork butt we were smoking Saturday night was FOR MY OWN PARTY AND I HAD NO IDEA!!! :) Our family and friends chipped in food and we had a delicious mid-day meal. We had a few cold beverages on the porch and perfect weather. It was the perfect way to spend my birthday celebration. Can we do it every year, do you think?
Looking back - I should have seen it coming --
a.) Jason was soo obsessed with finding the video camera to "scout turkey's" on Monday. I didn't understand why he was so worried -- I later read a text to his Mom that said, "She thinks I want to use it for turkey scouting. Ha. So gullible"....that I am.
b.) It was raining pretty good Sunday morning and Jason was awfully concerned about the weather, but considering I never know what he has on his mind...this didn't really phase me.
c.) He was insistent that Stacy and I go Saturday morning and was so proud of himself for "cleaning house" while I was out Saturday. I still think all he did was sweep and pick up, so thanks to Aunt Jess and Jacki for putting the finishing touches on the house before all of the guests arrived!
Perfect Day. Perfect friends and family. Perfect Husband. Jason -- thank you so much for putting so much time, energy and thought into making my big day so special. You know I didn't think you had it in you to do such a great job, but you sure proved me wrong. You thought of everything and you made sure that I felt loved....and boy did I ever! :) I love you!
My birthday was on a Tuesday this year, so Friday evening before my birthday, I was EXTREMELY antsy. I had no idea what our plans were for the whole weekend, and for crying out loud, I'm an event planner. I needed to know the plan. Even if it was to stay home and clean house and do laundry, I have to prep myself for such things! :) Jason comes into the house where I'm relishing in the fact that it's "finally Friday" and hands me a giftbag with a Christina & Company gift card in it...along with a selection of services. As if that wasn't sweet enough, he insisted that I take Stacy and we do a couples massage the next morning. Not sometime soon. THE NEXT MORNING. After all the emotional and work related stress I've been under lately...I wasn't going to argue. Not to mention, it's not often that Jason proposes the idea of me being away while he stays home with the kids. Luckily, I've got the worlds greatest best friend, and she willingly gave up her morning to sleep in to spend the day with me! :) We ended out Friday evening visiting with Jason's family and spending time out on the porch.
Saturday, Stacy and I were up at at'em for our massages. We loved every last second of that 60 minutes, and I'm fairly certain, we both sat up in our beds after they had finished and said, "There's NO WAY that was 60 minutes".......it was glorious. We shopped a bit, then had an overindulgent lunch at Texas Roadhouse (our favorite) and then shopped a bit more before heading home to hang. I pretty much didn't do a darn thing the rest of the day...until about 6, when we went into Seth & Jen's to hang out and "help them smoke a pork butt for Silas's 19th Birthday"....which was Sunday. We got carryout and again, enjoyed a gorgeous evening outside. We are so blessed to have them as such great friends. The kids played well together and we came home to crash about 10:30.
Sunday we got up, ate a quick breakfast, and got ready to go to 10:15 mass. We knew it'd be a longer mass since it was Palm Sunday, but we'd prepared for it. Jason had to use the restroom as soon as we got there and then again later in mass. I was quite irritated with him. He's always telling Colton to hold it, yet can't seem to figure out that notion for himself. Little did I know.
Church ended and after holding two kids through nearly 2 hours of church, I was ready to feed them lunchables and put them down for nap....and when I say them, I mean all of us! :) As we were pulling up the driveway, I noticed a car out ahead of us -- and I immediately assumed perhaps it was someone in Jason's family, stopping by to "see the place, and what we'd done with it"...yet, as we got closer, I noticed it to be my Grandma's car. Hmm. (No lightbulbs going off yet). Jason, ever so slyly asks -- "Hm, wonder why Grandma would be here"...and I just basically agreed with him. And I looked at him and said, "Well, what..." and he said, "didn't you notice all the coolers on the porch" -- and stupid me just said --"Are my parents here?" -- totally clueless. I opened the door and not only were my parents in the house, but so many others -- my second Momma, my awesome inlaws, both mine and Jason's Grandma, and my wonderful siblings, Seth & Jen, best friend and her hubby, and my lunchdate girlfriends and their husbands! I was in total shock. And so were the kids -- they had no idea either, so what did they do? TOTALLY CLAMMED UP! It was so wonderful and shocking and such a good feeling of being "loved". I'm so blessed to have such an amazing support group. And not to mention, we had the most wonderful afternoon. Unfortunately for Silas, the pork butt we were smoking Saturday night was FOR MY OWN PARTY AND I HAD NO IDEA!!! :) Our family and friends chipped in food and we had a delicious mid-day meal. We had a few cold beverages on the porch and perfect weather. It was the perfect way to spend my birthday celebration. Can we do it every year, do you think?
Looking back - I should have seen it coming --
a.) Jason was soo obsessed with finding the video camera to "scout turkey's" on Monday. I didn't understand why he was so worried -- I later read a text to his Mom that said, "She thinks I want to use it for turkey scouting. Ha. So gullible"....that I am.
b.) It was raining pretty good Sunday morning and Jason was awfully concerned about the weather, but considering I never know what he has on his mind...this didn't really phase me.
c.) He was insistent that Stacy and I go Saturday morning and was so proud of himself for "cleaning house" while I was out Saturday. I still think all he did was sweep and pick up, so thanks to Aunt Jess and Jacki for putting the finishing touches on the house before all of the guests arrived!
Perfect Day. Perfect friends and family. Perfect Husband. Jason -- thank you so much for putting so much time, energy and thought into making my big day so special. You know I didn't think you had it in you to do such a great job, but you sure proved me wrong. You thought of everything and you made sure that I felt loved....and boy did I ever! :) I love you!
| Surprise!!! I had no idea....literally...no idea. |
| Thankfully, the rain went away and it was gorgeous! (Sorry Stac...I didn't take the pics. Don't shoot the messenger). |
| The cake. Baked by my dear sister in law, and planned by my ornery brothers. I have an amazing memory...and they like to remind me of that fact! :) |
Comments
Post a Comment