Saturday we got to welcome home four beautiful black calves. Colton and I stayed up late Friday night in his bed arguing over names -- but I think we've come to a nice compromise. I wanted to name them after Purdue-ish things. He wanted to name them after the Falcons. When he quickly realized he only knows two Falcons, Jacob and Silas, the argument didn't last long. Meet Mackey, Pete, Silas & Jacob -- our newest additions!
Not only do I love having animals as part of our landscape, but I love the lessons that they teach my kids and the responsibility to care for them. I loved watching their curiosity this morning as Grandpa, Jason & Rossco helped to put them in the barn.
 |
| Grandpa is so excited to share his love of farm animals with the kids! We are so blessed to have these opportunities, and even more blessed to have parents who share in our love for farming and agriculture! |
 |
| Colton has been so excited, and we are both excited to watch Colton take an active part in taking care of the calves this summer! |
 |
| Loving all the action! |
 |
| She was so curious! |
 |
| Shout out to my hard working, dedicated husband. He gave up an entire Saturday in the rain to work to ensure that the calves would be well cared for, and safe within our pasture. Although, I have to say -- I question his decision to install an electric fence in the rain.... |
Comments
Post a Comment