Skip to main content

Summers been soo good to us...


I can't hardly believe that summer has come and gone in the blink of an eye. It happens every year...we wait and wait and wait for summer...and then we have so much fun filling up the dog days, that its gone in a blink. And this summer had more than it's fair share of dog days -- 100's+ much of the summer made for lots of interesting outings. Since I've been a poor blogger recently, I'll try to do a month by month recap below to get caught up.  I know I last blogged July 2nd, but I think there are some June happenings that are worth mentioning...

June

  • In my last few weeks as a conference coordinator for the Purdue Conference Division, I hosted around 12 conferences and over 1,000 guests. In two weeks. It was ridiculous. Oh, and I threw my daughter a second birthday party. And hosted a great group of friends for our Memorial Day campout. It was ridiculous. And for the most part, the reason I no longer work in that division. I LOVED what I did there. I truly enjoyed my job (and a FEW of the coworkers), but the boss and hours and demands of a high stress job were too much for me. When I was offered an opportunity to continue event planning on campus for the Herrick Laboratories, I took it. So, effective June 18th -- I became the Conference Coordinator for Herrick Labs who host 3 conferences and 600+ guests from 32 different countries......every other year. Talk about a change of pace.  It's certainly been an adjustment, but one that I'm learning to enjoy. I actually get to spend time and enjoy my kids at home. We get to do more and have really enjoyed the stress less Mom! :) At least....I think they have. I know Jason has commented. Hooray for positive lifestyle changes!
  • Once the new job started, I had some time on my hands -- I got to enjoy/celebrate Father's day with three amazing Fathers -- my own Dad, my father in law, and my favorite, my kids Dad! Thanks to all three of you for being such great role models for me and my children. The kids and I love all of you!
  • We spent a lot of time in Grandma and Grandpa's pool and rounded out June with plenty of time spent with friends and family.

July

  • We kicked off a hot July by sweating it out at the Wolcott 4th of July parade, followed by swimming and a cookout at Mom and Dad's. I'm fairly certain we didn't see a single firework...but that's okay. There's always next year. The kids were so exhausted from the heat and swimming that fireworks were a long shot for them.
Emmalyn chose to eat each piece of candy she picked up at the parade...
The Stockments - 4th of July 2012

  • We celebrated our good friend Brian's wedding the following weekend. What a great time - we got to spend LOTS of quality time with some of our long distance best friends - Trent & Lisa and the kiddos got QT, too. Brave Abbie babysat all four kids. Overall, successful weekend. 
Like fathers, like....(Kiddie Cocktails aka Shirley Temples!)

Three very handsome best friends! Congrats Brian!

Hot Mommas! (Or grape and cherry....whatever...)

He's with me...

Two adorable little dudes...with smores and popcorn to try to catch fireworks in the backyard!







  • We rounded out July with 4-H Fair time (my absolute favorite time of year, coming in a close second only to Christmas...) to watch some of our favorite 10 year members  (Silas and Laura) do their thing. Colton HAD to wear his boots and Mom HAD to have a milkshake. Worked out well for both of us! :) Em even loved the animals and both kids are interested in pigs...so someday, just maybe, I'll get to be a 4-H Mom. One can only hope.
My little farmer.

Didn't want to get too close to Laura's calf, but had to help...

No fear. Cooling them off!
  • Post fair, we took an adults only trip to Cincinnati with Seth & Jenna to celebrate Jenna being so smart! (Congrats on your Masters!) We hit up a Reds game and saw Comedian Jeff Dunham. It was a GREAT getaway with wonderful friends. Shenanigans included.
Lovebirds.

Best Friends and Great Times!

  • July 30th marked 7 years of marriage to the man of my dreams. I wouldn't tell him that everyday, but likely every other! :) Pretty darn blessed that God gave me him, and hoping that we get to celebrate this day for many, many more years! We topped our special day off with dinner with our Anniversary Lovebirds -- Brad & Jacki, who were celebrating 38 years of marriage! We're lucky to share an anniversary with such a wonderful example!
That pretty well rounded out the end of the month of July.  August was kicked off with family vacation, but I'll give that a post of it's own. We're looking forward to fall and I hope you're looking forward to more frequent posts. I've got time to do that now, so I'm hoping to be better. Coming soon...first day of school, "what I've heard" (cause there's been some goodies lately), and an All about Em post...because the little diva is growing up just too quick! Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Two + Two + One more = FIVE

Yup, you read that right, by the end of July, the Stockment's will officially be a family of five. Jason and I learned in mid-November that we were expecting our third child and we were both overjoyed with the news. (More so than I thought Jason would be -- he wasn't convinced on having another (or should I say, not as convinced as I was), but once he saw that baby's heartbeating on the monitor at the docs office, he couldn't keep it a secret anymore!!) I convinced Jason to keep our news to immediate family, however, failed to remember that we have a VERY chatty 4 year old, and a 2 year old who repeats everything her big bro says! :) So, we told our families on a Tuesday evening (after our doc appointment that afternoon) and by Thursday, I think half of White County knew. If you attend or drop children off to attend Pam's daycare or Bright Beginnings Preschool, you were amongst the first to know! I had hoped for some elaborate scheme to tell both of our parents ...

Life's Beachy

What a whirlwind month March has been! From the baby reveal to birthday parties (Madi turning 3, Sawyer turning 2 and soon Brad & Debbie!), to Jason working weekend after weekend at his side job, to moving Matt & Sarah into their new home, to Jason getting a new job, to kindergarten round up, to preparing for Florida....whew! Yup, you read that right -- after 14 years with Bouma Betten, Jason is making a jump. He applied for a job with Monsanto in Remington, and was lucky enough to be offered the job just last week. I am so beyond proud of him -- he's not a resume/interview kind of guy, but he put his best foot forward and proved what a hard worker he is. He'll start there as a Seed Tech in mid-April and although it will mean big changes for him (and US!), it will be worth it. The benefits cannot be topped...vacation time, paid time off for sick leave, 401K, health -- all things he didn't have (or did have, but not great) in his current job. It will certainly be a...