Skip to main content

Chirstmas in Indy

 This past weekend, we were blessed to get to spend the weekend in Indy with my parents. I've still got free nights at the Hyatt, so we decided to capitalize on that and visit the Children's Museum, Monument Circle Lights and a few of our favorite downtown spots. We even went to the historic and beautiful St. Johns for church. It was a WONDERFUL weekend getaway! Again, I'll let the pictures tell the story. 

Diggin for bones!


Dinosaur outfits!

Little Dinosaur

Scuba Emmalyn!

Love the blown glass sculpture!

Taking Mamps & Paps for a ride in Egypt!

Emmalyn & Daddy making Egyptian music

Hot Wheels!

Racing cars!

Biker Babe.

Love these 4!

"Ice Skating"

Snowball fight!

Driving the skidsteer!

Playing in the water -- Mamps was a great sport!

Carousel ride.

Waiting our turn for the giant Christmas slide!

Colton beat Mom!

Jason and Em paced themselves!

My Babies on Monument Circle!

So thankful Mom & Dad could come along for the fun!

Our family of 4!

All of us! (Sorry these are sideways, I can't figure out how to turn them!)

Poinsetta Tree at our hotel.

Ready to rest after a full day of fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

Central Indiana Winter Spectacular

 We kicked off show season with this set of calves in mid-January at the Central Indiana Winter Spectacular, a first time show down in Cloverdale, Indiana. I'm not sure what was more fun - being with our kids and friends at a cattle show, or listening to our kids meddle over the thought of staying in a Motel 6.  (Backstory on this one -- when I worked at Purdue/in the Conference division, I held a few conference at The Hyatt in downtown Indianapolis. When I had events there, I'd earn points. We then would use those points for free night stays....I think I had maybe 15 or so over the years. So, the only hotel my kids know, is a Hyatt, because unbeknownst to them, it was FREE.....which is the ONLY reason we stayed in such a nice place with young kids. So, imagine their dismay when the Motel 6 in Cloverdale didn't have an Eagles Nest rotating up top, or an indoor pool and hot tub/workout area. We have officially raised hotel snobs.....because when we finally took them to the k...