Last week was a fun week for us -- we found out on Thursday the sex of Baby Stockment #3! We invited our parents down for the big "reveal"...aka...us telling the the kids and them indulging us in this fun pinterest inspired idea! :) I'll let the pictures tell the story!
 |
| The decorated box, full of either pink or blue balloons! |
 |
| The balloons were faster than the camera... |
 |
| It's a BOY!!! |
 |
| Grandma Mandy brought sparkling grape juice to toast with! |
 |
| Most fun part of the evening -- the box! :) |
After the excitement of Thursday -- we set into a busy, fun-filled weekend! Friday night Jason worked a bit late, so Em and I tackled errands and birthday shopping, while Jason took Colton with him. You could imagine Colton was so excited to "work" with his Dad!
Saturday Jason worked from 6am -10pm at a side/part time job he's been blessed with. If you call working 15 hour days a blessing......... Anyway -- while he worked, we played. Seth & Jen dropped Sawyer off about 11:30, we watched the Boilers for a bit, then headed to Chalmers for Madi's 3rd Birthday. Such a fun afternoon -- all three kids played great with the other kids and wore themselves out!
 |
| Birthday Diva...I mean, Birthday Girl! :) Such a sweetie! |
 |
| Sleepy Colton & Sawyer -- best buds! |
Seth & Jen brought back pizza for dinner, hoping to get to visit with Jason, but finally gave up on him about 9:30 and left. No sooner did they leave, Jason called and was on his way home!
Sunday brought another fun filled birthday celebration, while Jas put in another long day! No fun on missing an entire weekend, but the extra cash will come in handy in about a week when we hit the beaches of Florida!! Kids and I went to church, lunched at Dog N Suds -- it was nearly 60 out -- so gorgeous. Gorgeous enough for Colton to call Grandma Mandy and (on his own) inform her that since it was so nice, we'd be up to go swimming later! HA She wished us luck, but told us there was some water standing on top of the winter cover -- so give it a shot! Errands, another birthday gift, and home to get Em a nap before heading to Gram & Gramps Stockment's.
Here's where the lesson learned part of the blog title comes into place. After dinner, the kids were all playing in the basement. I no sooner told Jacki and Jessica (sarcastically, as I talked over screams & giggles and laughing) -- "Gosh, it's too bad the kids are having an awful time downstairs" -- did Jacki say she heard something running, and as I walked to the basement to investigate, up comes a whimpering Colton. He immediately says, "Meredith turned the treadmill up to 9 before I could even get off of it!"....of course, all Meredith's fault. RIIIIGGGGHHHHTTTT. (He later told his Dad, although, never told me...always blamed Meredith, that he'd been the one to PLUG IN the treadmill). Em followed closely behind, proudly showing off war wounds of her own. I'm not sure she "got" the lesson that he did -- his wounds are a bit more visible and I think his face flat out hurt! Sometimes, it takes a little road rash from the treadmill to teach the lesson that those machines are NOT toys! Just htankful no one was hurt worse than they were!
 |
| Em's rash -- a low belly burn. |
 |
| Colton's face rash -- forehead, nose bridge, upper lip, slight on the chin... |
Of course, when Jason finally got home about 8:45 Sunday night -- both kids were quick to show Dad their scars and he gave them the same talk I did. Treadmills are dangerous. (I quickly added...."and THAT is why I keep mine folded up all the time".....to which he shook his head and grinned!)
Comments
Post a Comment