Skip to main content

Sweet Daddy Time

The kids got to hang with Jason last night while I went on a guys night out to the Purdue/Michigan game with Trent, Matt, Dad, Jeff Demerly and a buddy of Trent's from Monsanto. Such a great time -- if only Purdue could have hung on in those final minutes! Great game! Great company!

However, when I got home, I noticed that Em's nighlight was on pretty bright, so I went in there first...but no one was in her bed. Hmmm...I thought. Next to Colton's room to kiss him good night and again, no Colton. Hmmm....

When I went into my room, upon inspection I found this.
Sweet dreams
What a good daddy! Upon trying to cover Em up and sneak off to Colton's bed by myself, I noticed the kids rustling, and Colton about fell out of bed. So I picked him up and put him in his bed with me. He mumbled in his sleep..."Mom, who won?"  He really is a boy after my heart! :) He drifted right back to sleep and Em woke up so proud that she "sleeped in you bed all night long, with my Daddy"....adorable!

Can't get these kinds of nights back -- so occasionally we enjoy a slumber party with one, and sometimes two, of the kiddos! :)

Comments