I often refer to life as a whirlwind....some days it feels like time is quickly swirling past us as we run from this activity to the next, or rush to get the house picked up before company, or simply trying to get dinner, homework, reading time, baths and quality time with the family in between 5:45pm-8pm each evening. However, here lately, since, oh....July 26, 2013....I've learned to realize that the whirlwind in my life isn't the above mentioned things. No, the twister that runs my life these days is our youngest son, Keaton.
 |
| See these tomatoes on the floor. See that orange box on the table... |
 |
| Culprit. See that sunshine...that's the sun DAWNING on a new day. This crap happens before I even "start" my day... |
In the time I usually get to myself each morning (aside from my shower time), I try to get myself looking half way presentable for work. However, this little cutie ends up waking up, and cutting that 'my time' in half. And then he started crawling. Cute right. And then walking.....and it became a bit more of a challenge. His recent feat....climbing. ALL HELL HAS BROKEN LOOSE! So somewhere between straightening my hair, fixing him breakfast (yes, he had food before this adventure) and trying to slap on some makeup, wake the other two up and get them breakfast....Keaton went on an adventure. And unfortunately, it's usually in a mid-make up, get your shoes on, Em is your hair done moment that I realize..."where's Keaton?". Today, we found him on the table, in the kitchen, happy as a lark tossing tomatoes out of the box and onto my floor. Apparently, he wanted salsa.
And this, friends, this is just our normal right now. To make matters worse....Colton and Emmalyn were NEVER like this. Both Grandma's will attest to that. He's literally into EVERYTHING. The laundry baskets that I just folded. The dishwasher the kids are helping me unload. The china cabinent. The crayons. The blocks. The steps. The shoe closet. Did I babyproof...yes, I do, but I'm about to cage this child, just to contain him. And of course, to make matters worse...when he does these little twister/tear your house up kinds of things....he just cracks himself up, or grins as big as day, and then suddenly, you find yourself smiling with him, instead of disciplining him like you should be. NO WIN SITUATION.
Like Pam often says...."at least their cute....if they weren't, they'd probably be dead!" HA :)
Comments
Post a Comment