Skip to main content

Back to School

Summer has passed us by in the blink of an eye. It was a busy time for sure, and we had the chance to do a lot of fun things...despite the fact it was likely the coolest summer we've had in a LONG time. We finished up summer with a fun trip to the Indiana State Fair. Typically, this is one of my favorite Daddy/Daughter dates...but this year, we opened it up a little bit. Mom, Trent, Colton & Emmalyn joined Dad and I for our fair adventure, and we had a perfect day.

Selfie with Bennie the Bean!

Grandpa sharing his love of the Pioneer Village!

Oxen!

Pedal Tractoring in the Little Hands on the Farm

No time to put down her sucker!

We love green & gold!

And Blue & Gold...of course!

Uncle T was her buddy...all day long!

They loved petting the dairy cows!
We got back home and the next day, shipped the kids off to Pam's so that Mom & Dad could get away for some adults only time for the weekend! We headed out camping at Rockville Lake with some friends, and spent Saturday floating down Sugar Creek!! It was a great, refreshing weekend away.

On the Tuesday before school started, I had yet to take Em on her "Special Day" shopping trip for back to school items. Jason convinced me that he needed a few things, so he and the boys joined us. He dropped Em & I off at the Kohl's end of the mall, and their lone task was to stop by Payless and grab the shoes I'd ordered online. As we exited Kohl's, here come the boys....proud as peacocks that they'd completed their tasks. Colton was pushing Keaton in the stoller, and Jason was just beboppin' along as if to say, "we got this!". Well, as they get closer, I notice that Keaton's chewing on something. And once we meet up, I realize he had a pack of shoelaces in his hand. Did you know shoplifting can start as early as 1 year old?!?! I asked Jason what they were, as I took them from Keaton to show him, and his jaw dropped! HAHA OOPS! So, the boys went BACK to Payless to return the stolen pack of shoelaces, and Em I headed on to Children's Place. When the boys once again made their way to us, Colton comes into the store, and says, "Mom, we just went in this really weird store. It had naked people in it. It was gross!"...................I just blew him off, and figured they'd strolled in/past Victoria's Secret. As we meet up as a family and head back to the car, Jason asks, as we pass Spencer's Gifts, and Jason says, "Uh, have you been in there lately?".............and Colton pipes up, "Ya, we were in there. It was WEIRD Mom".........I shoot Jason a look, he continues to push Colton forward and whisper to me what they saw and keeps half laughing, half saying, "I do NOT remember that store being like that when I was in there last"....which we determined, was circa 1999.  Moral of the story: though we appreciated the effort Jason and the boys made to join us, next year, Em and I will shop alone. HA :)

We spent the weekend celebrating our favorite August 18th Birthdays. First a cookout with Grandma Jacki and then a trip to Jake's Beachhouse with Grandpa Hall. Perfect way to ease back into our school routine.

First morning of 1st grade and Pre-K went wonderfully! I'm excited to get home tonight and hear the kids stories!! 

1st Grader

I think she had in her mind that she'd get to go all day long like Colton, and was pretty turned around to learn she had to go to Pam's for a bit, and not to school until after lunch.

She got over it though! :) Happy Girl!

So excited for her first day!

First day of 1st Grade!
Welcome back to school and might I add....WELCOME BACK TO ROUTINE!!!!  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...