It started back around Valentine's day. Emmalyn came down with a stomach bug, that, thankfully, passed quickly. A few trips to the bathroom starting at mid night, and by noon a request for chicken nuggets. THOSE are Momma's kind of sick days. We were all home together on President's day as the kids did not have school and Em was recovering. My mom happened to get sick that evening as well -- and we prayed Grandpa wouldn't get it, as the kids had been with them all weekend and they were leaving for Arizona that weekend. Amazingly, all but Grandma Mandy survived unharmed.
Then, came the drama of Keaton's broken collarbone around the 20th/21st of February. We survived. (You've since passed your re-evaluation and your bones are healing nicely. Thank the good Lord for that one).
The 5th, about midnight, Colton woke up puking. Again, thankfully, like Emmalyn, he was quick in/quick out and requesting chicken nuggets by noon.
Sunday night, after a nice nap mid-afternoon...Keaton woke up snuggly. In fact, so snuggly, I thought it was sweet and snapped a picture.
Literally 30 seconds later, you were heaving all over me, the couch, my phone....and Emmalyn, poor Emmalyn sat across the room with a look that said, "WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED"!?!?! To boot, your Dad and Colton were out messing around looking for deer antlers, and not answering the phone. So I cleaned you up, stripped my puked on clothes, and because you just wanted held, we sat and rocked in the chair in nothing but my bra & underwear. Thank GOODNESS no one showed up! Your Dad finally answered his phone and rushed home to help. Of course, because they'd been hunting, they were a bit muddy. I finally put you down for a bit, and Jason says, "Okay...sorry about that. Let me shower first, I'm COVERED in mud, then I can help you out a bit"....ugh, hello...dear...I'm covered in PUKE....pretty sure i should be showering first! HA HA Regardless, you puked at least one more time, then eventually passed out on the living room floor, and that was your bed for the night....a sweet spot of bath towels.
By 10pm, I felt it coming on, and by 10:30, supper was no longer a part of me. The next 24 hours are literally a blur....I remember puking several times that night, and thinking to myself, "okay, surely this one will be the last"........................I tried to keep down some water about mid-morning Monday, took a bath to perk myself up......and still, by 5pm Monday I felt like a mac truck had hit me and was still puking. I couldn't keep down water, popscicles, sprite....anything. Grandma Mandy & Grandma Jacki to the rescue by evening, when I was still puking and Jason started to feel puny. I think I puked for the last time about 9:00pm, moments after basically shoving a "sad to leave Mom" Emmalyn out the door to Grandma's care. IT. WAS. BRUTAL. I had popped more blood vessels in my face than I EVER have before....my forehead, around my nose, my temples.....all spotty...I was a mess.
By Tuesday, I was feeling so much better. I napped, but I ate, drank and didn't puke! VICTORY AT LAST!!! I was pretty sure Monday night I was dying!! By Tuesday evening, I was hellbent to make it to a meeting that I was semi-in charge of, and wasn't going to miss out. Plus, I needed OUT of that stuffy, germ infested house! As I tried to put on enough make up to cover my spotty face, but not look like a painted on mess, I must have pushed too hard around my eyes, because then this happened...
Pools of blood from broken blood vessels, chilling out around my eyes. It was beautiful.......and continues to be, nearly two weeks later! :( I've been asked more than once, "What the heck did you do to your eyes!!!"....they both had blood in them, and are thankfully on the mend...sort of. This is today....10 days later...
So, needless to say....after missing at least a day of work, every week for the past 5 weeks....the Stockment's are ready for spring. 50 degree temps are warm enough to open nearly every window in our house, and we've been through more lysol and clorox wipes than I care to admit. Thankfully, Jason never got it too bad....and no one has gotten it as bad as me. That's a good thing, I suppose. However, Mom's gotten it twice, as has Emmalyn, and Dad finally dropped too. And we're pretty confident, though we can't take total credit, that Aunt Jess & Meredith went down too. And Grandma Pat. And Sawyer & Ryder. We pretty much should have stayed in a hole for oh....the months of February/March.
But, we're HEALED....and moving on with life! Maybe next week, just maybe, I'll work a full 5 days!
Then, came the drama of Keaton's broken collarbone around the 20th/21st of February. We survived. (You've since passed your re-evaluation and your bones are healing nicely. Thank the good Lord for that one).
The 5th, about midnight, Colton woke up puking. Again, thankfully, like Emmalyn, he was quick in/quick out and requesting chicken nuggets by noon.
Sunday night, after a nice nap mid-afternoon...Keaton woke up snuggly. In fact, so snuggly, I thought it was sweet and snapped a picture.
Literally 30 seconds later, you were heaving all over me, the couch, my phone....and Emmalyn, poor Emmalyn sat across the room with a look that said, "WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED"!?!?! To boot, your Dad and Colton were out messing around looking for deer antlers, and not answering the phone. So I cleaned you up, stripped my puked on clothes, and because you just wanted held, we sat and rocked in the chair in nothing but my bra & underwear. Thank GOODNESS no one showed up! Your Dad finally answered his phone and rushed home to help. Of course, because they'd been hunting, they were a bit muddy. I finally put you down for a bit, and Jason says, "Okay...sorry about that. Let me shower first, I'm COVERED in mud, then I can help you out a bit"....ugh, hello...dear...I'm covered in PUKE....pretty sure i should be showering first! HA HA Regardless, you puked at least one more time, then eventually passed out on the living room floor, and that was your bed for the night....a sweet spot of bath towels.
By 10pm, I felt it coming on, and by 10:30, supper was no longer a part of me. The next 24 hours are literally a blur....I remember puking several times that night, and thinking to myself, "okay, surely this one will be the last"........................I tried to keep down some water about mid-morning Monday, took a bath to perk myself up......and still, by 5pm Monday I felt like a mac truck had hit me and was still puking. I couldn't keep down water, popscicles, sprite....anything. Grandma Mandy & Grandma Jacki to the rescue by evening, when I was still puking and Jason started to feel puny. I think I puked for the last time about 9:00pm, moments after basically shoving a "sad to leave Mom" Emmalyn out the door to Grandma's care. IT. WAS. BRUTAL. I had popped more blood vessels in my face than I EVER have before....my forehead, around my nose, my temples.....all spotty...I was a mess.
By Tuesday, I was feeling so much better. I napped, but I ate, drank and didn't puke! VICTORY AT LAST!!! I was pretty sure Monday night I was dying!! By Tuesday evening, I was hellbent to make it to a meeting that I was semi-in charge of, and wasn't going to miss out. Plus, I needed OUT of that stuffy, germ infested house! As I tried to put on enough make up to cover my spotty face, but not look like a painted on mess, I must have pushed too hard around my eyes, because then this happened...
Pools of blood from broken blood vessels, chilling out around my eyes. It was beautiful.......and continues to be, nearly two weeks later! :( I've been asked more than once, "What the heck did you do to your eyes!!!"....they both had blood in them, and are thankfully on the mend...sort of. This is today....10 days later...
So, needless to say....after missing at least a day of work, every week for the past 5 weeks....the Stockment's are ready for spring. 50 degree temps are warm enough to open nearly every window in our house, and we've been through more lysol and clorox wipes than I care to admit. Thankfully, Jason never got it too bad....and no one has gotten it as bad as me. That's a good thing, I suppose. However, Mom's gotten it twice, as has Emmalyn, and Dad finally dropped too. And we're pretty confident, though we can't take total credit, that Aunt Jess & Meredith went down too. And Grandma Pat. And Sawyer & Ryder. We pretty much should have stayed in a hole for oh....the months of February/March.
But, we're HEALED....and moving on with life! Maybe next week, just maybe, I'll work a full 5 days!
We thankfully never got it that bad, but we've all been sick around here for the past month as well. Glad you guys are on the mend!
ReplyDelete