As a proud College of Agriculture graduate from Purdue, I feel like it's my duty to return there, year after year, for Springfest. However, Saturday was just too nice to fight a crowd with three small kids. I'm glad we waited......kind of.
By mid-morning Sunday, the rain was holding off, and Jenna & I made plans to head down to take the kids. They do enjoy it, and we knew that early in the morning, there owuldn't be much of a crowd. We were right, which is good, but we weren't there 15 minutes before the rain set in. We still had a bit of fun. The kids ate pumpkin bread with mealworms in it. They watched some fencing. We saw the barnyard animals and Emmalyn & Sawyer even got to milk a cow with my cousin Laura as the "student assistant"! A fun treat indeed!
 |
| Sawyer & Laura |
 |
| Emmy did great! |
 |
| Rain & hungry babies! |
We ditched Springfest after a quick tour an about an hours stay....to head for lunch. Hungry kiddos and tired Momma's was probably not the prettiest thing the WL Moe's had ever seen, but we had fun! The kids wolfed down their tacos & queso...so I'd call it a success. Keaton even tried to drink the rest of his salsa! The only fail might have been when I forgot to get Keaton a drink of his own, and gave him sips of my Mello Yello Zero soda..............................which resulted in NO afternoon nap for Keaton, but a 5:30pm siesta instead. Whoops.
 |
| Nap? Ya right Mom! |
 |
| It simply does not get any sweeter... |
#fundaySunday for sure!
Comments
Post a Comment