Skip to main content

Sweet(ish) Emmalyn

Em - I often find myself thinking, "Man, I should post about Emmalyn more....she's the middle child and you always read how the middle child gets overlooked  and I am NOT going to let that happen. Now what can I post about Em?"...then my mind goes blank and stories of Keaton trashing our house, or running amok or Colton's baseball games or his funny sense of humor come to mind. For example, this video of you showcasing your door climbing skills, and Keaton, well...being Keaton!


Well, dear Middle Child....you've been fodder for lots of laughter these last few weeks, and dear ole' Mom has been (finally) smart enough to log some of these stories down. You child, bring so much joy to our lives through those big beautiful brown eyes and that sly, mischievous grin. I love that you are not ALWAYS a pretty girl, not ALWAYS a farm girl.


Case in point.




You chose this adorable white dress with gold pineapples & a pink bow as one of your "back to school" purchases. I agreed all in...it's adorable. HOWEVER. You, Miss Em & white, paired together...make me want to hyperventilate! HA And here's why.  You wore said pretty dress to school and survived. It was once you got to Pam's that you apparently became a DIRT MAGNET! Lucky for you, the dirt washed out, and this pretty white dress will live to see another day.............we hope.


Speaking of dressing for school, you've done a fair job all year long. You've picked out most of your outfits, and unlike your brother, in the most positive of ways, you actually put on what you pick out the first time. And leave it on. Shocking. But you tend to be literal in what you wear. Take RED day for example. You flat rocked Red Day in Kindergarten. Tall socks and all.

Emmalyn, what we've really loved watching as you grow older, is your sense of humor. You take things pretty lightly (unless you don't, then you're REALLY emotional....but let's be honest, you get that from your mother and that is 100% not a BAD thing. Don't let your Dad, Grandpa or Uncle Trent tell you otherwise. It's okay to have BIG feelings..........even if tears do make them hyperventilate....especially your father. He's not a fan of tears....) Anyway -- that smile of yours...MELT OUR HEARTS.


Okay, maybe it's the big, beautiful brown eyes..........hard telling. Beautiful is all I can see....just simply beautiful little girl.


So now that we've ranted about how SWEET you are....let me share your latest hilarious story. We tease you all the time for being so graceful (or the opposite) and you're always making up weird words that make your brothers laugh, but last night, you did something that could have been terribly traumatizing to you, and instead, you just went with it, and laughed, and so the world laughed with you.


You and Keaton were outside playing on the swing set and all the sudden you came storming in, “Mom. Um, Mom, I pooped my pants”…just as I was in the middle of doing homework  fighting over homework with Colton who suddenly couldn’t add worth a darn.  I was completely taken aback, and you were SO NONCHALANT about it. I asked you, "a bunch, or a little?" and you responded, “Um, I’m not sure, really?” as you opened up the backside of your shorts checking it out ….in the middle of the dining room! HA 


To the bathroom we went, and cleaned you up, and into the trash the undies went. I asked you, as you giggled about it, “How on earth did you do this?” And again, just so matter of factly, with a big ole grin on your face, you said, “Well, I kind of thought it was going to be a fart, but it was NOT a fart Mom”….totally not a lady. This whole incident amused you, but I think mostly because it really was only a little, not a lot (THANK GOODNESS), and your brother was teasing you, and I was laughing in shock of the whole situation. We played it all down, mostly, until your dad asked you later if you Sharted….and you had that confused look on your face and said, "What's a shart dad?"..............to which he got the evil eye, and you got the warning to not repeat it, and your Dad apologized for ugh, introducing you to the word shart!


So. This is life with you, Emmalyn. It's dirty. It's cute. It's serious. It's funny. I'm just hoping that some day, you grow into your pants, because child, until that time, we're having a ball making plumbers crack jokes! 

Emmalyn Margaret, thank you for being you....we love you just the way you are!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...