Skip to main content

We are not as good as we once were...

We have grown up with the Ruemler's. This isn't really news to anyone. Our families have spent a LOT of time together over the years, and while Stacy is my best friend, and while God didn't grant me my own sisters, He knew what he was doing when he paired us with a family of four girls. They gained two brothers in Trent & Matt, and I gained four sisters and a best friend. 

Over the course of the last 10 years, you could say we've all been through a lot together. While Joe's battle with Cancer probably stands out as the most defining life event our two families linked arms on and tackled together, we've also shared in plenty of joy....my wedding, Stacy's wedding, Kendra's wedding, Matt's wedding, Jessy's wedding, my kids, Kendra's kids, Stacy's boys, Jessy's baby....and now finally, FINALLY, Maggie's found the man of her dreams, and we got to help her celebrate their marriage. And while we are elated and happy to share with her in this joyous time, it's also kind of sad. What will life be like without a Ruemler girl wedding to plan? Who will be the coolest bridesmaids of all time? Will there be days spent where I get to truly relish in the joy of sisters? The days leading up to the festivities where they wrap their arms around me and welcome me like one of their own?  Sure. There will be those days in the future. They just won't include some of the funnest bachellorette parties I've ever been too, or some of the drunkest weddings I've ever attended. And I don't mean drunkest as in, their parties were total sloppy messes. That was just me. But only 3 out of 4 of them....I try to keep it somewhat classy. Oh, and I was pregnant for Jessy's.....so there's that. We still enjoyed it though.

So, the time had come for the final Ruemler wedding. I was a bridesmaid in Stacy's wedding, a lector/Franc for Kendra's wedding, upgraded to "wedding planner" for Jessy's wedding, and was asked to be a lector & queen bitch for Maggie's wedding. I THINK that was a compliment. ;) I would take any title from these girls, that's how much they mean to me. So we got our nails done, set up for the rehearsal, rehearsed, did our hair, and finally, they got hitched. And then then fun REALLY began. 

Like, really really. We had 2 hours between the reception & wedding ceremony, and like any good friend would do, we spent our time at Applebee's. Then the bar at the hotel. Then in the reception venue. Then we whipped out the selfie stick. Then we drank some more. Then we ate. Then we danced. Then we took like, 5,000 (or 250) more selfies. Then, being the amazing man he is, Kendra's Kent ordered us a timely Pizza Hut delivery, and then we crashed. And by we, I mean, me in my bed, Dad in his. Jason and Mom apparently still had it in them. Then ... I realized I am NOT as good as I once was. In the same situation at Stacy's wedding, I rebounded. Kendra's might have hurt a touch more. Jessy's was easy.....I know, because I hit the water HARD that night. But Mags wedding, at age 34, 3 kids later......would you believe I got the flu? WHAT is the timing of that? I know. I couldn't believe it either. Stacy got it too. We have such awful luck. But we had fun before it hit. We danced the salsa like no ones business. Or maybe we danced TO salsa music. I really can't remember. It's a small detail, really. Thank the good Lord, by Sunday night, after puking and laying around all day, I finally came to. Whew. Thank goodness. Getting the flu like that it such awful timing. Mom said maybe it was the brown bottle flu, because she and Jason didn't get it, but I didn't drink out of any brown bottles that night, just a keg....so I told her she was crazy. 

Here's proof that we had a good time celebrating the last Ruemler sister to tie the knot. I'm forever grateful that you girls include me, and am so honored to share these special memories with you!! Love you forever!!

Rehearsal Dinner Fun





Pre-Wedding Fun





The newly Weds
The Reception
Some people appreciated the selfie stick! :) 


Some people didn't appreciate the selfie stick...
And some people STOLE the selfie stick...



Mags & X....thanks for including us in your big day! We wish you many years of love and happiness!!! You were a STUNNING bride!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...